Fender American Vintage '63 Precision Bass Seminole Red Rosewood FingerboardProduct #H92167 Fender H92167 BAJ 4 String Electric Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A re-imagined version of a classic Fender bass restored to the way it was when it was introduced all those years ago.
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best-selling guitars and basses (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender has completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there's pure magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The year 1963 marks an important moment in Precision Bass history, because that's when a comfortable new round-laminated rosewood fingerboard first appeared on the bass that started it all. That's here on the new American Vintage '63 Precision Bass, which evokes that year's model with other authentic features including a slightly wider "C"-shaped maple neck, clay-colored dot position inlays, three-ply mint green pickguard(four-ply tortoiseshell pickguard on 3-Color Sunburst model), new American Vintage '63 split single-coil pickup, lower-mounted finger rest, vintage-style bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles, flat-top knurled chrome control knobs, reverse tuners, chrome pickup and bridge covers, auxiliary strap button on the back of the headstock, and more. Includes case.
- Alder body
- Fender flash coat lacquer body and neck finish
- Maple, "C"-shape neck
- Round-laminated rosewood fingerboard
- 20, Vintage-style frets
- Bone string nut
- Vintage-style heel adjust truss rod
- American Vintage '63 Precision Bass split single-coil pickup
- American Vintage reverse open-gear tuning machines
- Volume, Tone controls
- Knurled chrome flat-top control knobs
- American Vintage Bass bridge with threaded steel "barrel" saddles
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- 4-Ply Tortoiseshell pickguard on 3-Color Sunburst; 3-Ply Mint Green pickguard on Olympic White, Faded Sonic Blue and Frost Red
- Other Features: Mounted Chrome Pickup and Bridge Covers, Lower-Mounted Finger Rest, Clay-Colored Dot Position Inlays, Auxiliary Strap Button on Back of Headstock
- Includes case
Way to be with a '63.
American Vintage '63 Precision Bass Specifications:
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.74" (44.19 mm)