- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
The rock-solid, no-compromise, all-tube VOX head for the musician on the go.
Whether you're adding your hot sound to a late-night demo, sitting in at your favorite club, or jamming with friends, the Night Train NT15H is your new best friend. Whenever and wherever, the Vox Night Train will deliver that smooth and satisfying all-tube sound. You don't want to choose between killer sound and total convenience—with the Vox Night Train amp head you never will.
If Looks Could Kill
Solid enough to inspire confidence, Night Train weighs just under 17 pounds, and the "armored lunchbox" dimensions provide extreme portability. Finished with a cool chrome mirror-finish, the signature VOX diamond design reveals that inspiring vacuum-tube glow. And of course, the Night Train NT15H guitar amp includes its own padded carry case to protect your investment.
True Tube Power
The sound is pure VOX. Inside, a pair of EL84 tubes deliver on the tube power promise. Two 12AX7 tubes drive the preamp stage with both power and clarity. This is the same winning tube complement as the classic VOX AC15. From chime-like clean tones to the warmest overdrive, there is no mistaking that harmonic richness of pure tube performance.
The Vox Night Train's single switch lets you select between Pentode or Triode tube operation. In the Pentode mode, Night Train delivers a full 15 watts of power. In the Triode mode, the power is cut to 7.5 watts. The Triode mode also relaxes the tube power stage, letting that silky-smooth, mellow tube character shine through.
Night Train greets you with a clear, simple panel design, offering the familiar Gain and Volume controls. The Tone controls include Treble, Middle and Bass, allowing you to dial up just the right character for your individual, signature tone. In addition, the preamp section features a mode switch, offering both Bright and Thick options. The Bright mode accentuates the high-frequency components for a clear, ringing tone; the Thick setting bypasses the tone circuit to boost the gain and create a chunkier, heavier sound.
Equipped with both 8- and 16-ohm speaker jacks, Night Train amp head can be used immediately with nearly any speaker cabinet. This extra measure of versatility is just one more example of why the Vox Night Train might be the one amp you never leave at home.
- Rock-solid, all-tube head made to travel
- Uncompromising sound with 2 12AX7 preamp tubes and 2 EL84 power tubes.
- Selectable Bright or Thick mode switch provides EQ and Gain variations for just the right tone
- Dual-power tube mode offers 15 watt (Pentode Power) or 7.5 watt (Triode Tone) operation
- Master Volume control preserves your gain settings at any playing level
- Solid, industrial-chic mirror finish exudes tube coolness
- Custom padded carry-case is included
Order the Night Train and never be without your all-tube tonal greatness.
Night Train NT15H 15W Guitar Amp Head Specifications:
- Front panel controls:
- Bright/Thick Switch
- Output Mode Switch: Pentode/STBY/Triode
- Mains On/Off
- Power LED
- Rear panel controls:
- Mains Input (Fused)
- 8 Ohm Speaker Output
- 16 Ohm Speaker Output
- Valve/Tube Complement:2 x EL84/6BQ5, 2 x 12AX7/ECC83
- Dimensions: 12-1/10" W x 7" H x 6-3/10" D
- Weight: 17 lb.
- Power Output: 15 Watts RMS into 8 or 16 ohm
- Included items: Power cable, Speaker cable, and Carrying bag