Vox Mini5 Rhythm Modeling Guitar Combo Amplifier
Mini Guitar Amplifiers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Lightweight, compact, battery-powered modeling amps that offer realistic sound anytime, anywhere
The MINI5 Rhythm offers 11 amp sounds inherited from the popular and acclaimed Valvetronix Series, plus eight effects and a new rhythm function. You can choose from 99 different variations of rhythm patterns to back your performance or practice along to. The compact body also packs plenty of additional functionality such as a mic input, AUX input, and a dedicated E-string tuner, letting you play your guitar with the high quality tone you'd expect from VOX.
A rich variety of amp models and effects
There are 11 realistic amp models taken from the flagship Valvetronix Series that support a broad range of styles and playing techniques, including perfect simulations of the legendary VOX AC30 that capture the sense of drive typical of vacuum tubes, as well as models of intensely powerful high-gain amps and transparent, clean types. New to the series is a built-in VOX original "Bassilator" circuit, which covers the ultra-low-frequency overtones that cannot be obtained via EQ. This is particularly effective for high-gain models and produces an intensely heavy sound that seems unthinkable from an amp of this size. In addition, there's a pure and clean-sounding LINE input without any distortion, making it an ideal choice for acoustic-electric guitars or keyboards. There's also a full complement of effects, including compressor, chorus, flanger, and tremolo, as well as delay/reverb types. With a total of eight varieties of effects, you'll have plenty of options for shaping your sound.
Versatile rhythm functions
As its name suggests, the MINI5 Rhythm features a newly added rhythm function. It provides 11 built-in rhythms in styles that include 8-beat, 16-beat, rock, metal, and R&B, as well as a built-in metronome. With nine variations for each style, you'll have a generous 99 rhythm patterns to work with. You can easily call up the rhythm pattern you want and adjust its tempo and volume for a great way to jam along with high-quality rhythm patterns, to try out ideas for a new riff or phrase, or to practice playing to a beat to improve your performances. Since these rhythm patterns cover a wide range of musical styles, it is easier to get into the feel of the song being played, making otherwise routine personal practice sessions more enjoyable.
The MINI5 Rhythm features two-way power that can run on batteries (six AA batteries) or an AC adapter (included). Batteries allow up to approximately 19.5 hours of operation (with POWER SELECT set to 0.1W), making this amp an ideal choice for street performances or outdoor playing. It also comes with a carrying strap for easy transport, letting you enjoy playing guitar wherever inspiration may strike.
Plenty of input/output jacks, ideal for the singer/performer
In addition to a guitar input, the MINI5 Rhythm also provides additional types of input and output jacks. The mic input provides an adjustable volume and lets you apply a delay/reverb effect, providing support for vocals. There's also an AUX input that can accept an external audio source such as an MP3 player. It can be used in conjunction with a guitar and mic, for a total of three inputs simultaneously. Also provided is a headphone/line out jack with a built-in cabinet simulator so that when you're recording directly into a multi-track recorder or practicing with headphones, you can obtain the same great cabinet resonance you'd get if you had set up a mic in front of the amp.
Switchable power amp wattage
By switching the wattage, you can regulate the volume while still retaining the sense of drive and air obtained by turning the master volume all the way up. The wattage can be switched in three levels: 5 / 1.5 / 0.1W.
- 11 realistic amp models inherited from the popular Valvetronix Series
- Amp models range from intense high-gain types to pristine clean sounds that can also be used with keyboards and other instruments
- A total of eight effects: four standard effects (compressor, chorus, flanger, and tremolo); four types of delay/reverb
- The proprietary VOX "Bassilator" circuit delivers a heavy sound with ultra-low frequency, creating a rich low-end rhythm response
- A variety of rhythm patterns organized into 10 genres, plus metronome patterns, for a total of 99 choices. Use the GENRE knob and VARIATION button to easily recall the desired rhythm.
- Battery operation (six AA batteries) for portability to perform & practice anywhere, with approximately 19.5 hours of playing time (at the 0.1W setting); an AC adapter is also included
- An independent mic input jack can be used with a delay/reverb effect to get your ideal vocal sound
- AUX input jack lets you connect your MP3 player for jam sessions or practice
- Headphone/line output with a cabinet simulator can reproduce the resonances of a speaker cabinet
- Power Select (5/1.5/0.1) switch lets you adjust the volume without impairing tonal characteristics, such as the sense of drive or air
- High-performance, built-in E-string tuner
- Classic VOX design is complemented by a rugged metal grill on the black and ivory models
- The Classic model is all Vox with its diamond fret clothe and gold trim
- Carrying strap is included for convenient transportation
- BTQ, CLEAN, BLACK 2x12, TWEED 4x10, AC15, AC30TB, UK '70S, UK '80S, UK '90S, CALI METAL, US HIGAIN, LINE
- COMPRESSOR, CHORUS, FLANGER, TREMOLO, DELAY/REVERB (ANALOG, TAPE ECHO, SPRING, ROOM)
- 8 BEAT, 16 BEAT, ROCK, METAL, POP, R&B, JAZZ, LATIN, DANCE, ODD METER, METRO
- *Each genre has 9 variations
Mini5 Rhythm Modeling Guitar Combo Amplifier Specifications:
- Tempo: 40-240 bpm
- Tuner range: E1-E6 (41.2Hz-1318.5Hz)
- Audio Outputs: Headphones x 1
- Audio Inputs: INPUT x 1, MIC IN x 1, AUX IN x 1
- Power amp output: Maximum approx. 5 W RMS @4 Î©
- Speaker: 6.5 inch 4Î©
- A/D, D/A conversion: 24-bit
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
- Power supply: Six AA-size /LR6 alkaline batteries or the included AC adapter
- Battery life: Maximum 19.5 hours at 0.1W, maximum 17 hours at 1.5W, maximum 12 hours at 5W
- Current consumption: 160 mA
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 269mm x 179mm x 267mm / 10.59" x 7.05" x 10.51"
- Weight: 3.5 kg / 7.72 lb.