Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo VB-101 Digital Loadbox/ Speaker SimulatorProduct #H93683 Two Notes Audio Engineering H93683 HBCA Desktop & Rack Guitar Effects https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Guitar/Bass DI for your head amplifier.
The Torpedo VB-101 is a DI for your head amplifier composed of 3 main parts: a 150W RMS Loadbox to play silently with your amp or preamp, a speaker & miking simulator powered by the acclaimed Torpedo technology with all your favorite cabs inside and a Post-FX section with all the processing effects you usually need when miking a guitar cab (low-cut filter, 5-band EQ, exciter, compressor).
In the studio
In a home / project studio, where the cabins are not necessarily suitable for miking guitars (and the resulting high volume), the Torpedo allows engineers to achieve sound recording silently with no compromise with regards to sound quality.
For studios already equipped for miking guitar (cabins, microphones), it offers an alternative to the regular sound recording process and can also be used as an addition to provide a wider range of possibilities at the mixing stage.
Another common use in a studio environment is when you need to record a whole band in live conditions. The Torpedo VB-101 then allows you to completely isolate the sound from the bass guitar and other instruments without necessarily having a dedicated cabin.
On stage, the Torpedo VB-101 will be a big asset for the comfort of the musicians and the public. Find your own sound every night, gig after gig, do not be dependent on the bad microphone or the one not necessarily very well placed, etc. The sound recording is not “polluted” by other instruments, making the FOH and personal monitor mixes much easier to do and more comfortable for the musicians.
Torpedo VB-101 Digital Loadbox/ Speaker Simulator Specifications:
- Input impedance: 8 Ohms
- Max input power: 150-Watt RMS
- Controlled ventilation and thermal security : amp and musician are perfectly safe
- Power Amp input
- Speaker output
- Balanced / Unbalanced line input, switched by relay
- Balanced Pre-Sim line output (pre convertor)
- 2 balanced line dual-mono / stereo outputs
- Stereo headphone output with front panel volume control
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF input
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF output
- Wordclock input
- MIDI In, Out/Thru
- Optional Ethernet
- Digital Audio
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA convertors
- S/N ratio : 100 dB (measured)
- 32-bit float / 96 kHz internal processing
- AES/EBU and SPDIF I/O’s up to 96 kHz
- Measured latency (normal mode) = 4,84 ms
- Measured latency (low latency mode) = 2,84 ms
- Sync: internal, AES/EBU, SPDIF or Wordclock
- The Torpedo VB-101 is fully controllable via MIDI.
- Program Changes are used to change presets.
- Control Changes are used to control the parameters of the Torpedo VB-101.
- Torpedo Remote software : PC/Mac (Intel only) compatible (USB connection – no drivers needed)
- Torpedo Technology
- Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two Notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
- Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behavior such as frequency response and distortion (*). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis, control the phase with the Variphi: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
- (*) VB-101, VM-202 and PI-101 only
- High-quality electronic design
- The best simulation is nothing without a perfectly designed analog and digital circuit. Two Notes focuses on the whole signal chain, from your amp or preamp output to the PA, monitor, headphones or recorder to ensure the best performance. Guitar and bass players deserve studio quality gear !
- Power amp emulation
- Plug your preamp directly into your Torpedo VB-101. It embeds our component-based tube power amp simulation. Simply choose the amp design and characteristics, and select the tube type.
- Width x depth x height: 19 x 13.9 x 3.5 (in.) / 483 x 354 x 89 (mm)
- 16.5 lb (7.5 kg)