Open Box (Mint) Tech 21 Richie Kotzen OMG Signature Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Boutique-quality, all-analog overdrive designed for easy use on the road or in the studio.
Not simply a pedal with his name slapped on it, the Richie Kotzen Signature OMG Pedal was an intense collaborative effort. Richie, who has ears like a bat, was characteristically meticulous about every detail. It took many prototypes to get the OMG pedal to sound -- and feel -- the way Richie wanted it. Named not only after one of his songs, "OMG" is a perpetual exclamation whenever one hears Richie play.
The all-analog OMG has a unique, slightly asymmetrical distortion that emulates single power tube Class A amplifiers, but with a tighter, quicker and snappier response. It is designed to articulate every nuance of Richie’s dizzying playing style.
• TONE: Specialized voicing for adjusting the high-end and mid-range. At max, it’s flat. As you reduce the setting, it decreases the high-end without losing mids or getting muddy.
• GIRTH: Custom designed active mid-range control for compatibility with tube amp tone stacks. Cut or boost from 12 o’clock.
• DRIVE: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed. Highly interactive with the level of your guitar. For instance, you can clean up the amount of distortion by decreasing the guitar’s volume (except in very extreme settings) without having to change the setting on the pedal. Conversely, you can increase the amount of distortion by simply increasing the guitar’s volume.
• BOOST: Kicks in up to 28dB of preamp gain when the OMG is engaged. This wide range facilitates feedback and sustain. Activated via its own footswitch, you can also use Boost independently from the effect for a clean boost.
- 100% analog circuitry
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- 1/4" high-impedance input
- 1/4" low impedance output
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Actual size: 3.75" x 4.75" x 2"
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Operable with 9V battery (not included) or optional DC power supply
- (Tech 21 Model #DC2, also sold separately)
Add this fantastic pedal to your board with a quick or call today!
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Tech 21 Richie Kotzen OMG Signature Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal:
This the best pedal for higher gain O/D that I have come across ! Add the boost before O/D and you have one killer[rhythm/Lead ]rock pedal -_Period. ____ boost is clean and the volume of both can be controlled with guitars vol-knob I play a tele and a strat through a cornford /Carrera The honey-moon is ON !!