T-Rex Engineering Nitros Hypergain Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A versatile distortion pedal with three-band EQ and FET bypass.
The Nitros certainly does capture a very punchy and scooped high gain distortion, but being the most tweakable dirt pedal T-Rex makes, it will also do the '80s hair rock sound to a T. And that´s with the gain knob set high¦lower settings are great if you are looking for Texas boogie-rock.
By incorporating an active 3-band EQ, the "color" of the distortion is highly adjustable, and the range of the EQ knobs is extremely broad. At moderate cutting/boosting, the Nitros lives in guitar hero land but start turning the knobs to the extremes and all kinds of cool tones will emerge. Anything from "Oops, I forgot to turn off my wah" to "Dude, your amp is facing the wall!" is obtainable - the tones you can get are quite diverse if you really go for it.
For over-the-top scooped metal, classic rock or even alternative styles, the Nitros Hypergain will deliver the goods in spades, but its strength lies in how the basic voicing can be altered to taste - and beyond.
- Bold and aggressive clipping circuitry
- Active three-band EQ for extreme voice shaping
- Mid-to-High Gain with tightness and articulation
- FET bypass for low switching and noise buffering capabilities
- Tech Specs
- Input Imepdance @ 1kHz: Higher than 1mOhm
- Output impedance @ 1kHz: Lower than 1kOhm
- Power supply: 9VDC (T-Rex FuelTank)
- Minimum power supply voltage: 8VDC
- Maximum power supply voltage: 12.5VDC
- Current Drive @ 9VDC: 30ma
- Maximum input signal Vp/p: 3Vp/p
- Battery type: 9V battery 6F22
- Battery life: Max. 5 hours
- External connectors: Input jack, output jack, 9VDC
- Controls: On/Off switch, Gain, Level, Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pedal size incl. knobs (WxHxD): 60mm x 50mm x 117mm, 2.4" x 2" x 4.6"
- Weight excluding battery and packaging: .2 kg/7.05 oz.
Order today to add to your rig and give your guitar even more exceptional tone capabilities.