- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Polyphonic FX, COSM bass and amp models, string modeling technology, bass-to-MIDI, and more.
The Roland VB-99 V-Bass System Bass Processor delivers 3 times the sonic firepower of the original model. Based on an enhanced custom processing engine and 10 years of R&D, the Roland V-Bass serves up a wide range of inspiring COSM bass and amplifier models. You also get powerful polyphonic effects, fresh string modeling technology, dual independent signal paths for blending sounds, a variety of different controllers, and a host of thoughtful improvements that bassists demanded. Better still, the Roland VB-99 V-Bass has a smaller, more convenient format that's ideal for both tabletop recording and on-stage use.
Dual Independent Signal Paths
The Roland VB-99 sports dual independent signal paths, which greatly expands the sonic possibilities of this system. The 2 paths can be assigned to 2 distinct sounds (patches), and mixed and layered as desired. Sounds can be blended with a single knob, and even split or switched via playing dynamics. Imagine setting up a patch in which an electric bass morphs into a synth sound when you really dig in, or maybe assigning an overdriven amp sound to your low B and E strings, and a lush, string-type sound to your A, D, and G strings. The soundscapes are almost endless.
In addition to more than twice the number of patches—including everything from classic and modern basses, to acoustic instruments, and a vast range of amps and effects—the VB-99 offers greater expressive possibilities thanks to a D BEAM Controller, a Ribbon Controller, and String Modeling.
The assignable D-Beam controller allows a bassist to control his sound via hand gestures through an infrared beam of light. It's a great way to generate inspiring tones and wow an audience.
Ribbon Controller: The onboard Ribbon controller is much like those found on keyboard synthesizers—perfect for tweaking a patch or getting just the right filter setting on a bass synth sound.
V-LINK is Roland's proprietary format for controlling external video equipment, so visionary bassists can create soundscapes beyond just the music.
String Modeling is new to the VB-99, enabling to convert "Round Wound" strings to "Flat Wound" or "Black Nylon" for enhanced bass performance.
A Simple, Intuitive Interface
Of course, all the V-Bass' power would mean nothing if it wasn't supremely easy to use in the widest variety of settings. That's why the VB-99 incorporates a large, bright 240 x 64 dot LCD, with tons of helpful graphics. There are also dedicated knobs and buttons for all major functions. So you can go from tweaking an amp model to adjusting global settings within seconds.
Since the introduction of the original V-Bass, players around the world have given Roland some great feedback. As a result, the VB-99's new "bassist-friendly" features include a BASS DIRECT input/output, for sending your normal bass output unchanged through the VB-99—or blending it with the onboard sounds as desired. There's also an XLR output with ground lift switch for going direct, either live or in the studio.
Perfect for Modern Recording Setups
With the VB-99's built-in USB audio/MIDI streaming capability, you can take full advantage of computer-based setups. Just connect a single USB cable from the back of the V-Bass directly to your Mac or PC. Then trigger other sounds (via MIDI) or record your V-Bass (via USB audio) using your DAW software and plug-ins (sold separately). Roland's V-Bass editing software (free downloadable) even lets you edit and save V-Bass sounds right from your computer.
- Dozens of COSM instrument models, including coveted vintage and modern basses, amps, synth basses, effects, and even electric guitars
- Converts bass to MIDI and streams audio via USB
- Dual independent stereo signal paths can be layered or switched which allows two different virtual sounds at the same time
- Allows user to play polyphonic synth bass sounds without tracking issues
- Tabletop configuration, rackmountable, or stand mountable
- Stereo XLR, stereo 1/4" MIDI, SP/DIF and USB outputs
- Advanced realtime controllers: D-Beam, Ribbon, and V-Link.
- Owner's manual
- GK cable (5m)
- USB cable
- RRC2 cable
- VB-99 Software CD-ROM
- AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
Take your bass tones to new highs and lows, and in betweens when you buy a VB-99.
Roland VB-99 V-Bass System Specifications:
- Audio processing
- 24 bits + AF method: 24 bits + AF method
- DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Program Memories: 400: 200 (User) + 200 (Preset)
- Nominal Input Level: Bass Input: —10dBu
- Input Impedance: BASS INPUT: 2.2mOhm
- Nominal Output Level: MAIN OUT: —10dBu, SUB OUT (XLR): +4dBu, BASS OUT: —10dBu
- Output Impedance: Main out: 1kOhm, SUB OUT (XLR): 600ohm
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB or greater (IHF-A)
- Top Panel
- Top Panel: OUTPUT LEVEL knob, Function knobs x 6 (F1—F6), BALANCE knob, V-BASS LEVEL knob, V-LINK button, DIRECT PATCH buttons x 5 (1—5), CONTROL buttons x 2 (1, 2), COSM BASS buttons x 2 (A, B), BASS DIRECT button, POLY FX A/B buttons x 2 (A, B), FX buttons x 2 (A, B), COSM AMP buttons x 2 (A, B), MIXER buttons x 2 (A, B), DELAY/REVERB button, DYNAMIC button, CHAIN button, CONTROL ASSIGN button, NAME/KEY/BPM button, Function buttons x 6 (F1—F6), EXIT button, WRITE button, PAGE buttons x 2 (Left, Right), BASS TO MIDI button, SYSTEM button, GLOBAL button, TUNER button, CATEGORY button, PATCH/VALUE dial, Power switch, Rear Panel: Ground Lift switch (SUB OUT)
- D BEAM:
- D BEAM Controller, PITCH button, FILTER button, ASSIGNABLE button
- Ribbon Controller:
- Ribbon Controller, PITCH button, FILTER button, ASSIGNABLE button
- 240 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Top Panel:
- GK IN connector (13-pin DIN type)
- Rear Panel:
- BASS INPUT jack (1/4" phone type), BASS OUTPUT jack (1/4" phone type), SUB OUT jacks x 2 (L, R) (XLR type), MAIN OUT jacks x 2 (L/MONO, R) (1/4" phone type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type), DIGITAL OUT jack (Coaxial type, conforms to IEC60958-3), EXP PEDAL jack (1/4" TRS phone type), CTL 3,4 jack (1/4" TRS phone type), USB connector (B type), RRC2 IN connector (RJ45 type), MIDI connectors x 2 (IN, OUT) (5-pin DIN type), DC IN jack
- Current draw: 1.3A
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 384mm x 218mm x 94mm (15-1/8" x 8-5/8" x 3-11/16")
- Weight: 2.1kg (4lb., 11 oz.)