Rocktron Prophesy II Guitar Multi Effects Processor
Desktop & Rack Guitar Effects
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Nearly infinite tone-shaping possibilities with advanced DSP processing.
Grab onto one of the world's foremost guitar preamps: The Rocktron Prophesy II! The depth is truly amazing and the control is top notch. This outstanding DSP processor provides the ultimate control over your tone and effects. It has an extremely fast, powerful, and drop-out-free DSP processing engine built around dual 24-bit/66MHz Motorola chips. Plus that processing core is surrounded by premium Analog Devices converters at each end, so you get maximum headroom, no clipping, and none of the conversion load is put upon the main processors. This multichip array delivers higher-quality sound than many of its competitors. On top of all this, the Prophesy II is packed with rippin' presets programmed by Rocktron endorsers, Dave Mustaine, Gary Hoey, Rusty Cooley, Jimi Bell, and more.
The preamp section of the Prophesy features four channels each with their own distinct "voicings" to provide a vast array of desired tube amp sounds. Each voicing may be thought of as a "channel" and each channel has its own basic gain and master controls with bass, mid, treble and presence controls, all easily accessible with "real amp" knobs on the front panel, just like a regular amp head.
• Channel 1/Clean American replicates some of the most sought-after clean vintage tweed amps of the late 50s and 60s
• Channel 2/"Texas Blues" is a vintage tweed with a bit more "kick" and "bite" often heard from the famous southwest bluesers ala "Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, etc.
• Channel 3/"Vintage British" is a traditional "Plexi Style" tone offering some of the most dynamic rhythm tone available
• Channel 4/"Mega Drive" the ultimate quest for almighty heavy tone of modern music pumping out everything from early Van Halen to Megadeth and everything in between
The preamp section also features a parametric Pre EQ, which allows you to "pre-shape" your tone to simulate the characteristics of several different guitars (such as fine-tuning your single-coil pickup to sound more like a humbucker, etc.) as well as an additional parametric post EQ to add extra lows, high, or scoop out the mids. And if that's not enough, there's also a global parametric EQ to adjust the overall output of the Prophesy on all presets.
The effects section of the Prophesy is divided up into two sections, pre distortion (or pre-preamp), and post distortion (or post preamp) for unlimited configurations of effects. The pre-effects section features Wah, Compressor, HUSH(r), Pre-EQ, as well as one assignable effect of your choice.
The post-effects section provides ultra-transparent, high-quality effects which completely preserve the tone of the preamp-thick reverbs and lush choruses can be used without coloring the sound of the preamp's tone. Four assignable "effect blocks" allow you to assign 1 effect pre-preamp and 3 post preamp effects in any order you choose, including Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Rotary Speaker, Ducker Delay, etc. Prophesy also features a versatile mixer section to control the mix between dry and wet signal output of every effect used in the preset.
If the effects in the Prophesy are not enough, Rocktron included a true stereo effect loop which may be assigned anywhere in the effect chain just like an internal effect. Want just an incredibly powerful effect processor? Just bypass the preamp section completely and use the Prophesy a stand-alone effect unit.
The ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) function features Rocktron's Pluck Detection patent-pending, and allows you to configure any of the Prophesy parameters to be controlled dynamically by each pluck of a guitar string. More about the ADSR as Guitar Player Magazine says: "it's an incredibly musical application that is very different from the usual expression-pedal tricks. You could do some groundbreaking stuff with this killer function!"
Other features include a visual representation of the assigned effects signal chain, preset title, the voicing (channel) being used, are all conveniently displayed on the first preset page. The buttons in the 16 button matrix show the effect status (in or out) as well as allow you to instantly jump to those effects' parameter pages for instant adjustment.
Of course, the Prophesy maintains the high quality operational features that Rocktron processors are well known for, such as glitch-free preset switching with no signal drop out or lag time and the most natural sounding effects.
- Dynamic tube replication
- Technology (DTR)
- User definable effect configurations
- User assignable stereo effect loop
- Tap tempo delay and tremolo
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Stereo XLR outputs
- Real amp knobs for on-the-fly tone,
- Volume and preset adjustments
- "pluck detector" (patent-pending) and
- ADSR for dynamic effect control
- Pre and post distortion and global EQ
- Pre distortion effects and post distortion effects
- Programmable speaker simulator with parameters for speaker size,
- Mic position, reactance
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
Prophesy II Guitar Multi Effects Processor Specifications:
- Input impedance: 470kOhms
- Output impedance: <150 ohms
- Maximuminput/outputlevel: +20dBu
- MIDI in: 7-pin DIN
- MIDI out/thru: 5 pin DIN
- Input jack: 1/4" mono
- Output jacks: 1/4" left and right
- Recording output jacks: XLR left and right
- Power requirements: 9VAC / 3.4 amps
- Dimensions: 19" x 3.5" x 8", UL, CSA and CE approved operation