Radial Engineering Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Direct Box Preamp
Acoustic Guitar Preamps
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Lets you combine add-on pickups and built-in active preamps!
The Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic DI Box Preamp is equipped with piezo acoustic input signal boosters to allow both add-on instrument pickups and built-in, integral active preamps to be combined for a more natural rendering. It is compact yet full featured, designed for both studio and live performance.
The Tonebone PZ-Pre instrument preamp begins with two inputs for two instruments, which can be toggled using the toggle footswitch. If you want to use two pickups on a single guitar, a unique Mix function is provided that converts the two channels from "either-or" to both. There are separate level controls for each input.
The tone shaping on the PZ-Pre preamplifier is simple yet extremely musical. It features powerful bass and high controls with a semi-parametric mid. This is supported with a feedback eliminating notch filter with variable frequency sweep control and choice of normal and extra deep notch filtering. To help eliminate troublesome resonance, a dual slope low cut (high pass filter) is also provided. An internal polarity reverse can also be engaged to help eliminate run-away feedback.
To augment on-stage performance, the PZ-Pre Direct Box Preamp is equipped with a combination power booster and effects loop bus. This allows you to introduce an effect such as a chorus, or boost the signal for soloing with a simple foot stomp. A separate tuner out has also been provided along with a mute footswitch for on-the-fly tuning.
To facilitate all kinds of monitoring, the Radial PZ-Pre offers the most comprehensive output array ever: A standard instrument amp output sends the instrument signal to your personal amplifier. A pre-EQ balanced lo-Z balanced output is used to route the flat, pre-equalized signal the signal to the front of house mix position, while a second XLR out is post-EQ for onstage monitoring and in-ear systems so that the musician can get the sound he wants. XLR outputs are equipped with polarity reverse and ground lift.
Like all Radial products, the PZ-Pre features heavy-duty 14-gauge construction and is supported with a 3-year transferable warranty. Comes equipped with an external 15VDC power supply.
- Piezo acoustic input signal boosters
- Designed for studio and live performance
- Unique Mix function
- 1 -gauge construction
Radial DIs are for those who are militant about their tone. See why. Order with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees.
Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Direct Box Preamp Specifications:
- External 15VDC power supply
- Input impedance regular: 6.8 kOhm
- Input impedance piezo: 10 MOhm
- PZB boost level: 10dB
- Low cut roll-off pos-1: 75Hz
- Low cut roll-off pos-2: 220Hz
- Notch frequency range: 56Hz to 330Hz
- Notch Q setting-1: 8dB
- Notch Q setting-2: 15dB
- Low frequency type and spec: Shelving type +/- 12dB @ 75Hz corner freq
- Mid frequency range, type and spec: Parametric +/- 12dB 82Hz to 5.6Khz
- High frequency type and spec: Shelving type +/- 12dB @ 7.5Khz corner freq
- Boost level: 12dB
- Effects send & receive : -10dB, Send 1 kOhm, Return 15 kOhm
- Polarity Switch: 180 degrees (absolute phase reversal)
- Input-1: 1/4" unbalanced
- Input-2: 1/4" unbalanced
- Insert send & receive: Send 1 kOhm, Return 15 kOhm
- Output instrument: Hi-Z, coaxial, 1 kOhm
- Output Tuner: Hi-Z, coaxial 6.8 kOhm
- Pre-EQ: XLR male balanced mic level 600 ohms
- Post-EQ: XLR male balanced mic level 600 ohms
- Dimensions: 8" x 4-1/4" x 1-3/8" (203x108x35mm)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Radial Engineering Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Direct Box Preamp:
I decided to upgrade from my LR Baggs preamp to this model. The baggs was nice, but this Radial just kicks!! The other guitarist in my band was already using the radial and was getting a better sound than I could out of my baggs. The radial gives you the flexibility to deal with different rooms, different sized crowds and different pickups/guitars very easily. The boost button is helpful and it has some great feedback reduction. This I think is the best preamp ever made for guitar.