Radial Engineering PZ-Deluxe Acoustic Preamp / Direct Box Guitar Pedal
Acoustic Guitar Preamps
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Studio quality comes to the stage.
The Radial PZ-Deluxe is a studio-quality instrument preamp that works well with a wide variety of pickups and transducers. Apart from its studio applications, it packs a full array of features into a compact pedal that is great for live stage use.
And like most studio preamps, the PZ-Deluxe begins with a low noise front end that is capable of exceptional dynamics to adapt to all instruments including acoustic guitar, upright bass, mandolin and violin no matter what type of pickup system is being used. For piezo transducers, a special PZB gain stage may be engaged that increases the input impedance to 10 meg-Ohms to eliminate squawk and explosive peaks that are common with other systems. This eliminates the need for a separate preamp - which is of particular importance for those that do not want to cut a hole into their vintage guitar.
The control panel is well appointed with input gain, 3-band semi-parametric EQ with variable mid-frequency, three position low frequency resonance filter and 180-degree polarity reverse switches to eliminate acoustic hot spots that cause runaway resonant feedback. A guitar level output delivers the sound to the artist's stage amp while the built-in Radial direct box feeds the PA system. This balanced low impedance output enables the PZ-Deluxe to drive long cable runs of over 100 meters (300 feet) without noise. A separate tuner output enables quiet on-stage adjustments by depressing the mute switch. And for solos, a variable power booster with set & forget level control lets you punch through the mix when needed.
The Radial PZ-Deluxe is compact for easy transportation, made tough to handle the road, plug & play easy to use and delivers exceptional studio quality audio.
The PZ-Deluxe 15V supply delivers more headroom than typical 9V devices for greater dynamics, less distortion and more natural tone. This makes the PZ-Deluxe the perfect front end for acoustic guitars with built-in active systems, electric violin and magnetic pickups.
Direct piezo hook-up
The PZ-deluxe eliminates the need for a preamp. Simply activate the PZB gain stage and the PZ-Deluxe automatically elevates the input impedance to 10 meg Ohms and connect the guitar directly to the studio quality preamp for smooth, natural performance.
The studio quality preamp delivers exceptional performance no matter what instrument you plug in. This makes the PZ-Deluxe a great choice for acoustic bass, viola, mandolin, banjo or just about any acoustic instrument. Bypass your external preamp by turning on the PZB for optimum performance.
- Combination instrument preamp and direct box
- Exceptionally quiet audio performance
- Works on all types of pickups and transducers
Order now and have a new friend in the studio and on stage.
PZ-Deluxe Acoustic Preamp / Direct Box Guitar Pedal Specifications:
- Circuit type: Class A FET Hybrid Input Stage
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 18kHz (0/-3dB)
- Dynamic range: 105dB
- Total harmonic dostortion: 0.03% @ -20dB output
- Equivalent Input Noise -108dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.07%
- Input Impedance - PZB Off: 6.8K-ohms
- Input Impedance - PZB On: 10M-ohms
- Gain - 1/4" Input to stage amp out: +16dB (PZB-Off)
- Gain - 1/4" input to XLR Out: +21dB (PZB-Off)
- Gain - PZB Piezo booster circuit: +10dB
- Gain - Boost On: +13dB maximum
- Output Impedance - XLR Output 4k-ohms
- Size: (6.1" x 3.8" x 2.1") (155 x 96.5 x 53mm)
- Weight: 1.75lbs (0.8kg)
- Power Requirement: 15V ('Nominal) 400mA Center Pin Positive Adapter