Moog MF-107 moogerfooger FreqBox Effects Pedal
Wah & Filter Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A whole new world of freaky sounds for Moogerfooger devotees!
The MF-107 FreqBox is different from other effects. The effected sound is not a processed version of your input signal, but the sound of the input signal modulating an internal oscillator. It contains a VCO with continuously variable waveshape, and the capacity to modulate that Oscillator in the following ways:
- the VCO can be hard synced by the input signal
- The VCO can be frequency modulated (FM) by the input signal
- The VCO frequency can be modulated by an envelope follower which tracks the dynamics of the input signal
- The Amplitude of the VCO also tracks the dynamics of the input signal
Hard sync is a classic analog synthesis technique where the start of an oscillator's cycle can be reset by another. The oscillator being synced takes on the frequency characteristics of the other oscillator, and when its frequency is swept, it reinforces the harmonics of the fundamental frequency. In the case of the FreqBox, the input signal is used to reset the FreqBox's VCO.
FM is a technique used to get really rich sounds from simple waveforms. The type of FM used in the FreqBox pedal is linear FM. Sounds range from gong or bell-like tones to sizzly sweeps.
The FreqBox, like all moogerfoogers, works with any instrument-to-line-level input. In addition to the panel controls there are control inputs for use with expression pedals or control voltages and control outputs for interconnecting moogerfoogers like you would a modular synth.
The FreqBox effects pedal can provide some really unusual processing to all types of signals - guitars, synths, drum sounds, vocals or wind instruments allowing you to enter previously unexplored sonic territory.
Get your Freq on! Call or click today to order.
MF-107 moogerfooger FreqBox Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Front Panel Controls:
- Frequency: sets the frequency of the VCO.
- Wave: Morphs the VCO waveform from Triangle to Sawtooth to Square to skinny pulse.
- Sync On/Off: Enables/ Disables Hard sync of the VCO by the audio input signal.
- Env. Amount: Sets the amount of modulation of the VCO frequency by the Envelope
- FM Amount: Sets the amount of frequency modulation of the VCO by the audio input signal.
- Mix: Sets the blend of input signal and VCO signal
- Drive: Sets the input sensitivity and gain of the effect when active. Half to full drive amount adds overdrive.
- Output level: Sets the output level of the effect when active.
- Bypass Switch: Bypass LED is red when effect is off, and green when effect is on. The MF-107 uses a high quality buffered bypass â when in bypass, the input is disconnected from the effects' electronics.
- Input and output connections are on 1/4" jacks.
- Audio Input: accepts instrument level to line level inputs.
- Freq: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or -5 to +5V Control Voltage to set the frequency of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Frequency control.
- Wave: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or -5 to +5V Control Voltage to set the waveform of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Wave control.
- Env. Amt: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the amount of envelope follower modulation of the VCO frequency. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Env. Amount control.
- FM Amt: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the amount of frequency modulation of the VCO by the audio input. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel FM Amount control.
- Mix: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the waveform of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Mix control.
- Audio Out: Supplies the output signal.
- Env Out: Outputs the unconditioned Envelope Follower Control Voltage signal.
- Osc Out: Outputs the wave-shaped VCO signal as a +/-2.5V Control Voltage signal.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about MF-107 moogerfooger FreqBox Effects Pedal:
I've seen a lot of vids on the net and was a little hesitant to get this. But It's a Moog right? It's got to be good. So I threw caution to the wind and I'm glad I did. Great otherworldly synth tones and I recommend 2 expression pedals as soon as you can. 1 for Frequency and 1 for Envelope. Now I can cut from a sweet strat tone right into a floydesque smooth wave with envelope tuning. The drone feature works great on acoustic, while I almost always use the hard sync on electric for solos...If you want a synth sound for guitar, buy this pedal!!