MI Audio Crunch Box v.3 Distortion Guitar Effects PedalProduct #502482 MI Audio 502482 HBAH Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz & Boost Effects Pedals https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Captures the huge crunch of a British stack on steroids.
The MI Audio Crunch Box Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal brings you high-gain British amp distortion in a stompbox. MI Audio did a careful study of the way that modern British style amps get their overdrive and found that there was a very big concentration of the frequency information in the midrange. The Crunch Box distortion pedal captures the huge crunch of a Marshall amp on steroids and has become one of MI Effects most popular pedals. The Crunch Box is of the fastest selling boutique distortion pedals in the world.
Simple and straightforward, with just gain, tone, volume and an internal presence control, the Crunch Box is based on a multiple clipping architecture (the signal is clipped 3 times. In the lower gain range, the pedal's tone is very punchy and throaty. There are some great classic rock rhythm sounds to be found in there. As the gain is wound up, the Crunch Box develops a beautiful singing lead tone. Pinch harmonics are a breeze. The tone control has a wide sweep with a lot of top end. I have put in there more gain than anyone should need, but due to the way I handled the pre-overdrive tone shaping, the pedal always stays tight and each pickup retains its character, including single coils. The Crunch Box has a lot of volume up its sleeve. You will find though that 12 O'clock is close to 'neutral'.
An Internal Presence Control helps control the 'shape' of the pedal. By winding up the presence control, the lows won't feel as powerful, which some people might find to be a bit too much. Also, this creates the effect of giving the pedal even more top end. So with the new Crunch Box, there is no chance that the pedal will be too dark. The Internal Presence Control is very useful if you wish to match the Crunch Box to your amp because some amps can be a lot brighter/darker than others.
- High Gain British Distortion at its best
- 3 external and one internal control
- Gain – from the lightest breakup to insane high gain scream
- Tone – custom taper control which adjusts the high end cut of the pedal.
- Volume – tapered for a more gradual and controlled volume sweep.
- Internal Presence control - for adjusting the 'shape' of the Crunch Box's sonic footprint.
- Professionally powder-coated and silk-screened enclosure, measuring only 4.3" * 2.2"
- Heavy Duty 3PDT footswitch with True Bypass
- 9V Battery or DC power supply with up to 25V headroom
Get the sound you want today!