Markbass SD800 750W Bass HeadProduct #481737 Markbass 481737 HABBB Solid State Bass Amplifier Heads https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The Markbass SD800 amp head is perfect for the times when you need speed and clarity at high volumes, especially in big-stage applications. This digital power amp delivers 750W of power into a 4 ohm cab or 450W into an 8 ohm cab. Recommended for use with big cabinets (8X10, 6X10, or 2X15), or two-cabinet rigs, this little solid-state head gives you plenty of headroom and has several options for protecting and shaping your sound, from its VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) and VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) options to the Pre/Post EQ setting which allows you to choose whether your line out signal is affected by the amp's EQ. The SD800 Head has an input jack that can be used with either active or passive basses as well as dual Neutrik Speakon Combo jacks so you can connect to one or two speaker cabs using 1/4" speaker cables or Speakon cables.
- Solid state digital power preamp
- Delivers 750W of power into a 4 ohm cab, 450W into an 8 ohm cab
- 1/4" input jack works with active or passive basses
- Gain and master knobs
- XLR line out
- Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator filters out high frequencies
- Variable Pre-shape Filter boosts lows (around 35Hz and highs (around 10kHz), and cuts mids at 380Hz
- Dual Neutrik Speakon Combo jacks allows it to be connected to one or two speaker cabs using 1/4" speaker cables or Speakon cables
- Two balanced XLR output
- Pre/Post EQ switch to determine whether signal is affected by EQ settings or not
- Ground lift button for eliminating hum from grounding problems
- Unbalanced tuner out lets you tune as you play without passing your signal through your pedals
- Send Effect and Return Effect means you won't lose signal if something in your effects chain dies while playing
- Dual-sided fiberglass PC boards with lined perforations for high-quality solder connections
- Surface-mount components are silicon-sealed to isolate vibrations
- Computer-grade pre-assembled ribbon connector cable harnesses and ribbons for noise-free operation
- Integrated threaded posts for easy assembly/disassembly and added durability
- Rigid 2mm thick aluminium chassis for a long-lasting finish
Power up with this hearty digital power preamp and listen as your music takes off to new heights. Order one today!
SD800 750W Bass Head Specifications:
- Input impedance: 500Kohm, max. voltage: 9 Vpp
- Effect return impedance: 33Kohm, max. voltage: 12 Vpp
- Output Power: 450W RMS at 8 ohms, 750W RMS at 4 ohms
- Voltage is factory preset for the U.S.
- GAIN: â80dB to +25dB range
- LINE OUT: level control on front panel
- PRE/POST EQ (for line out): switch on rear panel
- GROUND LIFT: switch on rear panel
- MASTER VOLUME
- Center frequency: 40 Hz; level Â±16dB
- Semi-parametric: frequency 100â800 Hz, level Â±16dB
- Semi-parametric: frequency 700 Hzâ6 kHz, level Â±16dB
- 10kHz shelf; level Â±16dB
- VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter)
- Center frequency: 380Hz (cut)
- VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator)
- 250Hz â 20kHz cut
- EFFECT SEND
- Unbalanced, max. voltage 12 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- TUNER OUT
- Unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- LINE OUT
- Balanced XLR, max. voltage 25 Vpp
- SPEAKER OUT
- Speakon, 1/4"
- Dimensions: 14.5"(W) x 3.39"(H) x 11.9"(D)
- 2U tall
- 19"(W) with rack ears
- Weight: 7.5lbs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Markbass SD800 750W Bass Head:
The SD800 is a powerful amp with plenty of headroom and lots of tone-shaping control. I especially like the variable mid controls and I love the VLE and VPF. The majority of the time I leave the amp set pretty much flat; much of the tone shaping can be done with the VPF which increases highs & lows as you turn it up - kind of a mid scoop control, but the mids stay punchy. The VLE decreases highs as it's turned up, which can be useful if your using a cab with a horn. I use Gibson and Fender basses (all with Aguilar OBP-3s) through a Boss GT-6B to the fronts & the Markbass. I can easily get the tone I like onstage by tweaking the mid controls, and cranking the VPF, without effecting the FOH sound. (This head also sounds great without using the GT-6B as a preamp.)
I've heard Markbass amps described as "mud-bass" by some. That opinion must come from someone that just doesn't know how to adjust a preamp - period. This head is very controllable and will give you just about any sound you're looking for. Depending on stage size and the venue, I use this amp with 3 different cabs: a Carvin 2X10, Ampeg 4X10 Pro series, and an Ampeg 1X15 Pro Series, combining 2 of them for larger shows. Now these are all good sounding cabs, but require different tone shaping; the SD800 sounds great pushing any of them.
I've been playing for over 40 years, and I've had a lot of very good amps. The "perfect sound" is a subjective thing so maybe this isn't the amp for you. I like a semi-scooped mid tone: deep, clear, and articulate; I want the mids to punch without sounding honky, and I want crisp clean highs - this amp gives me all of that. I've had the head for a couple of years now. I use it for rehearsal and gigs, so it runs three or four nights a week; there have been no problems. Another increasingly rare thing - it's made in Italy - not China.
Overall: Great sound, powerful, excellent tone shaping, dependable, and very easy to carry.