Markbass Big Bang 500W Bass Amp Head
Solid State Bass Amplifier Heads
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
An amp head even smaller than the Little Mark with 500W of power and newly added extras.
Just over a decade ago, Marco De Virgiliis started pioneering small, lightweight amps; the Markbass Little Mark heads started a new era in bass amplification, inspiring many other companies to follow their lead.
Now, you'll be amazed that such a warm, rich and "explosive" sound comes from an amp smaller than Markbass' groundbreaking Little Mark heads! And-despite its small size-the Big Bang is packed with extra features that players have been asking for: aux in, headphone output with level control, plus mute and VLE and VPF filters with footswitch control. Other features, already appreciated by Little Mark users, include a simple and effective 4-band EQ, effects loop, and level control and pre/post EQ switch for the XLR DI output.
- 4-band EQ
- Effects loop
- Level control
- Pre/post EQ switch for the XLR DI output
- Headphone output with level control
Massive power you can almost fit in your pocket. Order today!
Big Bang 500W Bass Amp Head Specifications:
- Input: Impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
- Aux In
- Effect Return: Impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- Gain, Master Volume, Line Out Level and Headphone Level Controls
- Ground Lift: Switch on rear panel
- Pre/Post EQ: Switch on rear panel
- Mute: Footswitch
- Equalization: Low: Center frequency: 40 Hz; level: Â±16 dB
- Low Mid: Center frequency: 360 Hz, level: Â±16 dB
- High Mid: Center frequency: 800 Hz, level: Â±16 dB
- High: Center frequency: 10 kHz, level: Â±16 dB
- Filter Section (with footswitch)
- VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter): center frequency 380 Hz (cut)
- VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator): frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz (cut)
- Line Out: Balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- Effect Send: Unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- Tuner Out: Unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- Speaker Out: Speakon/1/4" combo, 1/4"
- Headphone Out
- Weight: 4.74 lb.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.94" x 2.56" x 10.04"
- Output Power: 300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm
- Power Requirement: 100/120V; 230V; 240V
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
- Professional Recording
Comments about Markbass Big Bang 500W Bass Amp Head:
I waited anziously since the Big Bang was unveiled at Winter NAMM 2012. They started coming out in Europe and the UK first and I was UPSET! But they are now available in the US. I got mine last week. Maybe the first one out there?
It was worth the wait. I have used a Little Mark II for years and loved it to death. I was worried that the Big Bang wouldn't match the power. But it does and more. More headroom. Better tone (I didn't think this was possible). I don't regret buying it for a second. It is slightly smaller than the Little Mark, which made more room in the Gator case I carry it in. I am a happy man. I use my Big Bang with two Markbass cabs (a 2X10 and a 4X10). I play mostly Yamaha TRBs. I use a Markbass Distorsore when necessary. The sound is devine.