Malekko Heavy Industry Ekko 616 MKII Dark Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal
Malekko Heavy Industry
Delay & Reverb Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Analog delay with some smart design attributes.
For years, Malekko has been synonymous with the best quality BBD delays available. Today the evolution continues with the EKKO 616 MKII, a full-featured yet compact delay with external modulation controls, an optional buffer, internal level pot and 650ms of pure analog delay.
The current issue of this pedal follows a top-to-bottom review of its performance and design. Every detail was scrutinized, data sheets compared, parts swapped, and hours of listening followed before Malekko’s engineers were satisfied. Hand picked, highest quality components are used to achieve the nicest sounding, most musical analog delay pedal Malekko has ever made.
The E616 MKII’s specially voiced repeats allow a larger bandwidth to pass than most traditional analog delays. Turn the mix pot all the way up and the repeats will be slightly louder than unity with the dry signal. The regeneration pot will take you from a simple slap-back to a nice gentle decay of a few repeats then all the way to taking off into outer space with just a turn of the pot. Engage the modulation button and the EKKO 616 MKII takes on a whole new personality, from subtle chorusing or beautiful vibrato to way beyond. Choose between true bypass or buffered bypass. The EKKO 616 MKII’s revised buffer circuit is smooth and transparent, even with many pedals on your board. Tired of annoying volume drops? An internal trimpot (labeled “gain”) will allow you to set the EKKO 616 MKII’s level to your specific setup.
The EKKO 616 MKII features these updates:
- The modulation range allows finer tuning for a more balanced overall effect
- The MIX pot now allows louder effect levels
- Improved buffering circuit for flat response and hotter inputs
- Redesigned protection circuit for enhanced component safety
These changes add up to a cleaner, richer, sweeter, more flexible and musical analog delay.
Order today for a delay that actually sounds different.
Ekko 616 MKII Dark Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Time – Turn this knob clockwise to set your delay time from 6-650 milliseconds.
- Mix – Adjusts the output level of your delayed signal.
- Regen – Sets the amount of delay regeneration (repeats).
- Modulation LED – Indicates modulation effect is applied to your delayed signal and LED flashes the modulation speed.
- Mod Button – Press this button to engage or disengage the Modulation effect.
- Speed – Adjusts the speed of the Modulation effect. Turning clockwise increases the speed.
- Depth – Adjusts the depth of the Modulation effect. Turning clockwise increases the depth.
- T/B button – The bypass circuit is only active when the effect is off. You can set your EKKO 616 to buffered bypass (button down, LED lit) or true bypass (button up, LED off). True bypass affects the gain of your pedal.
- Buffered Bypass LED – Indicates the buffered bypass is engaged (LED on). If you have the buffered bypass circuit on and the LED goes out when you engage the effect, the pedal is working correctly.