Four boutique tube amps in one!
If your tone is your masterpiece, the DT25 tube guitar amp head is your paintbrush. This 25W/10W tube amp from Line 6 and tube-amp guru Reinhold Bogner gives you four stunning, lust-worthy amp voicings and unprecedented versatility that lay the foundation for you to build your perfect tone.
The powerful combination of reconfigurable analog components and HD modeling allows the DT25 head to be four boutique tube amps in one, capable of producing stunning American cleans, British crunch, class A chime, and modern high-gain tones. Selectable operating class, power tube mode, and four Voicings (which offer the perfect combinations of negative feedback loop topology, and HD preamp and tone stack modeling) can dial in classic vintage tones or be shaped into highly customized originals – and each one drips with boutique tone and touch-response.
The DT25 amp gets to the point. It’s a simple, two-channel amp with a streamlined front panel. But if you connect a POD® HD multi-effect pedal or POD® HD Pro multi-effect rack to this little monster the two integrate to become a boutique tube amp factory!
Connected via exclusive L6 LINK™ technology, the DT25 amp and POD® multi-effect rewrite the traditional amp/multi-effect paradigm and introduce powerful new concepts in control and customization. Add effects, additional amp voicings, foot control and instant scalability (including stereo operation with multiple DT25 amplifiers). DT25 is the perfect pairing for POD HD multi-effects. The days of plugging a POD® into the front of an amp are over!
Revolutionary Bogner tube design meets Line 6 HD modeling
The Voicing switch is the heart of DT25 amp. It conjures the characteristic tone, feel and response that are at the heart of four celebrated amp voicings: American clean, British crunch, class A chime and modern high-gain. Different negative feedback loop topologies pair with HD preamp and tone stack modeling to produce the perfect tonal springboards for you to craft your perfect tones:
• Voicing I: Classic American Clean (tight negative feedback loop)
• Voicing II: British Crunch (medium negative feedback loop)
• Voicing III: Class A Chime (zero negative feedback loop)
• Voicing IV: Modern, High-Gain (resonant negative feedback loop)
Selectable operating class and power tube mode
Take your tone in many different directions with the selectable operating classes and power tube modes. Mix and match them with the Voicing switch to dial in truly unique tones. Or align the components in tried-and-true combinations to deliver fresh takes on the immortal classics.
• Selectable operating classes – Class AB/25 watts/fixed bias; Class A/10 watts/cathode biased
• Selectable power tube modes – Pentode; Triode
Any two amps you want, separated by a single channel switch
The two channels can be set to any combination of Voicing, operating class and power tube mode, so the channel switch is more like an A/B switch connected to two different amps. (Or, for a boost channel, set the channels the same with one a little louder.)
For example, set Channel A to a California clean tone. It can be complete with a high amount of negative feedback for a tight sound, characteristic class AB headroom and plenty of pentode-powered body. Set Channel B to deliver vintage Class A chime with zero negative feedback for an open, dynamic feel. Triode mode darkens the tone a bit and rounds off the edges, and Class A operation provides no shortage of touch sensitivity when you dig in with your pick. That’s total analog and digital reconfiguration in one touch.
DT25 amplifier + POD HD multi-effect = Boutique tube amp factory
DT25 amplifiers and POD HD multi-effects don’t just connect, they seamlessly integrate to transform into a boutique tube amp factory capable of creating any tone you need with incredible tone and feel. POD HD multi-effects come to the party with additional models including 20+ HD amp models, 20+ HD guitar preamp-only models, huge collections of effects, cabs, mics and more. With a single L6 LINK connection, you get:
• Automatic analog configuration. Select a POD HD amp model or preset and the DT25 analog components will automatically configure themselves to the appropriate operating class, biasing method, negative feedback topology and power tube mode.
• Save custom analog configurations. Saving your custom DT25 configurations is as easy as saving POD HD presets. Tweak the DT25 amp settings, press Save on the POD HD multi-effect and incredibly unique and complex amp configurations can be recalled instantly.
• No ground loops. You’ll never get ground loop hum from an L6 LINK connection!
- Flexible tube section designed by tube-amp guru Reinhold Bogner
- 1 - 12AX7, 2 EL84 tubes
- Intuitive, 2-channel design, instantly reconfigurable per channel
- Selectable operating class (Class AB/25 Watts/Fixed Bias or Class A/10 Watts/Cathode Biased)
- Selectable power tube mode (Pentode or Triode)
- Four unique Voicings (negative feedback loop topologies paired with HD preamp and tone stack modeling): (1) Classic American Clean/Tight NFL (2) British Crunch/Medium NFL (3) Class A Chime/Zero NFL, (4) Modern, High-Gain/Resonant NFL
- HD amp modeling technology fuels each Voicing’s preamp and tone stack, and automatically pairs them with corresponding Bogner-designed dynamic analog circuitry
- Both channels have Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, Channel Volume. Rest of front panel: Channel switch; Voicing switch; Pentode/Triode switch; Class A/Class AB switch; Master volume; Power; Standby; Backlit front panel
- Modeled spring reverb with individual level control per channel
- Back-lit front panel
- MIDI I/O
- Series effects loop
- Cabinet simulated direct output
- Low Volume Mode provides cranked up tube tone at whisper-quiet volume
- Speaker jack-sensing provides relay driven output transformer protection circuit
- L6 LINK connects the DT25 amp to a POD HD multi-effect for additional effects, amp voicings and instant scalability (including stereo operation with multiple DT25 amplifiers) – all controlled by any L6 LINK equipped POD HD multi-effect
An incredibly evolved tube amp with tones for every style, including ones you've yet to create! Order your DT25 combo now!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Line 6 DT25 25W Tube Guitar Amp Head:
This is truly a tone machine. The tube tones, from clean and break up to hi-gain are just incredible. This one is a keeper. The British Crunch sounds better, to me, than my Marshall JCM2000. I'm still learning about all the new possibilities the DT25 brings to my music. I highly recommend this amplifier.