Lehle Sunday Driver Guitar Preamp
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A compact, portable preamp with 2 operating modes.
The Lehle Sunday Driver is a high-end preamp with a convenient compact format. It features JFET-based circuitry and provides 2 modes of operation, with selection via a mode selector switch with gold-plated contacts: "D" stands for Driver; in this mode, the guitar signal is amplified, with absolutely no modification, at the input impedance of a guitar amp, efficiently eliminating losses on the route through leads and effects; the signal remains strong and clear, retaining its full dynamics. The second setting "S" - as in Sunday - multiplies input impedance by 4, bringing out previously inaudible details and, as gain increases, imparting to the guitar sound a characteristic and unmistakable warmth that has given this preamp its name - the result is a sound as mellow as a sunny Sunday afternoon! Even at a 15dB gain setting, the Lehle Sunday Driver always stays clean and absolutely free of background noise, thanks to its studio-standard signal-to-noise ratio of over -100dB. To exploit the dynamics of tube amplifiers to the full, the input voltage is also rectified from the power supply socket, then filtered, stabilized, and doubled to 18V. With its broad output range of 20 to 100,000Hz, the Lehle Sunday Driver, powered by a standard 9V (PP3) battery, can be used anywhere, as a cable driver for stadium and other large stages, in complex effects set ups, or as a recording preamp - and not just on Sundays!
- Compact high-end preamp
- JFET-based circuitry
- 2 modes of operation, D (Driver) & S (Sunday)
- Clean and absolutely free of background noise
- Gold-plated switches
- Adjustable gain
- Voltage internally doubled to 18V
Improve your sound wherever you play!
Sunday Driver Guitar Preamp Specifications:
- Voltage range: 9 - 20 V AC or DC, or 9V PP3 battery
- Max. power take-up: 7 mA
- Frequency response: 20Hz-100kHz (in mode D)
- : 0,001 % at 1kHz, 0 dBU
- Impedance, Input D: 1 MOhm
- Impedance, Input S: 4 MOhm
- Impedance, Output: 150 Ohm
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -103 dB at (A-weighted)
- Max. level: 5,7 V RMS (approx. 17 dBU)
- Max. gain: 15 dB
- Weight: 0.78 lb. (356g) (without Battery)
- Length: 3.54" (9cm)
- Width: 3.62" (9.2cm)
- Overall height: 1.53" (3.9cm)