Hohner Hoodoo Wireless Harmonica Mic and Amp with 5ft Cable
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A 5W, Class A, hand-wired tube amp and wireless mic system expressly for harp.
This cost-saving bundle for harmonica players features the Hoodoo Box 5W Harmonica Tube Amp, Hoodoo Harmonica Wireless Microphone System, and a 5-foot 1/4" straight phone plug cable.
Hoodoo Box 5W Harmonica Tube Amp
The Hoodoo Box is a 5W, Class A, hand-wired tube amp combo designed especially for harmonica players. Built from the ground up to produce the fat, distorted tones that are the cornerstone of the electric blues harp sound, it is equipped with a single EL84 power tube and a 12 AX7 plus 12 AU7 tube complement in the preamp stage. Its classic spring reverb will add drama and air to your performances while the Celestion Super 8 8" speaker is especially suited to reproduce the entire range of harp tones. The XLR direct output can be used for recording or as a send to the front of house PA.
The Tone control helps you dial in the right sound with a range that goes from Dark to Bright to Scooped, the latter setting giving you a flat-out, heavily distorted sound. The Hoodoo Box will bring out the best in your harp technique as well as your mics. From growls and soulful wailing to dynamic virtuosity, the Hoodoo Box will bring these sounds and more to your harmonica playing.
The roadworthy Hoodoo Box cabinet features classic styling with rugged Tolex covering, white piping, and special Hohner grille cosmetics.
Hoodoo Hand Harmonica Wireless Microphone System
Consisting of a bodypack transmitter with belt clip, a dual diversity UHF receiver, and the innovative Hoodoo Ring microphone, the Hoodoo Hand Harmonica Wireless Microphone System frees you from being tethered to your microphone. You can roam the stage while enjoying perfect mic placement at all times.
The Hoodoo Hand system allows you to use your natural hand cupping and playing techniques while eliminating the need to deal with bulky bullet-style wired microphones that have traditionally been the primary choice for live performance among blues harp players. The patented Hoodoo Ring Microphone is a tiny Lavalier mic that's been tweaked to produce the low-fi, overdriven sound most blues players crave, while still being capable of producing relatively clean output when the music or your style requires it. The mic nestles in a clip with two finger holes that slip over your middle and ring fingers. Hohner includes two clips with different finger hole diameters to fit a wide range of finger sizes. The beauty of the design becomes obvious the moment you begin playing. Without a bulky mic occupying most of the cavity formed by your cupped hands, an acoustic space is created for producing a wide range of effects like flutters and tremolos. And because it's easy to create a tight seal between your hands and mouth, your sound has all the punch and dynamics you could hope for.
The dual-diversity UHF-band receiver has both 1/4" and balanced XLR outputs so you can send your signal to either an amp or the PA. The front panel has a convenient rotary volume knob for fast onstage adjustments and indicators for power, normal and peak signal levels, and lights that indicate which antenna is in use.
The system comes in a durable plastic travel case and includes a magic Hoodoo drawstring bag for accessories.
This cable's flexible materials cuts down on kinks and twists for tangle-free performance and longer life. Quality soldering is very quiet. It has 1/4" straight phone plugs.
- Hand-wired 5W Class A amp designed specifically for harmonica
- EL84 power tube
- 1 - 12 AX3 preamp tube
- 1 - 12 AU7 preamp tube
- Celestion Super 8 - 8" speaker
- Spring reverb
- Gain, Tone, Volume, and Reverb knobs
- Roadworthy cabinet covered in Tolex
- Distinctive retro cosmetics
- Wireless mic system optimized for harmonica
- Special Lavalier mic tuned for harmonica
- Unique Hoodoo Ring mic clips (2 sizes supplied)
- Supports and enhances cupping techniques
- Offers complete freedom of movement
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Rechargeable battery jack
- 3-position sensitivity switch
- UHF band dual-diversity receiver
- Operates at 630.200MHz
- 1/4" unbalanced output
- XLR balanced output
- 12V DC input (adapter included)
- Dual antennas
- Rotary front-panel volume knob
- Indicator lights for power, antenna, normal and peak signal
- Includes molded case, accessory pouch, 48" 1/4"" cable, 40" mic cable
- Super-quiet soldering and materials
- Kink-free design
- 1/4" phone plugs
Give your harmonica playing a boost, and enjoy the freedom of wireless technology with this kit.
Hoodoo Wireless Harmonica Mic and Amp with 5ft Cable Specifications:
- Hoodoo Box 5W Harmonica Tube Amp
- Dimensions: 15-1/2"W x 13-1/2"H x 8"D
- Weight: 19lb.
- Hoodoo Hand Harmonica Wireless Microphone System
- Bodypack dimensions: 2-5/8"W x 3-5/16"H x 7/8"D
- Receiver dimensions: 9-1/4"W x 2"H x 4-1/2"D