- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Wall-blasting power and pro tone with headroom to spare.
The Genz Benz GBE 1200 bass amp takes the excellent design and tonal refinements of the GBE 600 and adds 1200W output power (at 2 ohms). Its ability to drive resistive and reactive speaker loads plus its extended burst power makes it louder, punchier, warmer and more articulate. The GBE 1200 is 3 rack units high with a beautiful 5mm-thick aluminum faceplate and curved metal rack handles. It has a dual channel preamp--one FET and one tube--with 5-band active EQ for maximum tonal flexibility. Each preamp can be used individually or blended together. In addition to the channel controls, it also has Genz Benz's Signal Shape circuit with Low Frequency Extension, Mid Scoop, and High Frequency Attack controls. The channels and Signal Shape circuit are footswitchable with an included 5-button footswitch.
The GBE 1200 delivers 550W at 8 ohms, 1000W at 4 ohms, and 1200W at 2 ohms. It has an active/passive selectable input, signal mute switch, tuner out, a soft-limit circuit, LED indicators, master volume, sturdy metal chassis, knurled aluminum knobs with detents, variable speed fan cooling, full-featured D.I., three effects loops, slave out jack, dual Speakon® output connectors, POWERFLEX impedance circuit, impedance selector switch, dual voltage switch, and a heavy-duty toroidal transformer. 19"W x 5-1/2"H x 15"D. 42 lbs.
Powerflex impedance circuitry optimizes the massive power supply to more effectively deliver maximum power at 4 ohms and extended 2 ohm operation into reactive loads. A large switch on the rear panel is provided so that the amplifier can be switched to correctly match the total cabinet impedance load. A front-panel amber LED indicator indicates when the Powerflex feature is switched to 2 ohm operation.
- 550W @ 8 ohms/1000W @ 4 ohms/1200W @ 2 ohms
- FET and 12AX7-based tube channels individually selectable, blendable, and footswitchable
- Active/passive input
- Signal mute switch
- Front- and rear-panel tuner out jacks
- Active 5-band EQ on each channel (footswitchable)
- Signal Shape Circuitry w/LF Extend, Mid Scoop, HF Attack (footswitchable)
- Soft limit circuit
- Comprehensive amplifier status LED's
- Master volume
- Sturdy 3-space metal chassis
- 5mm-thick aluminum faceplate
- Heavy-duty toggle on/off switch
- Sleek, ergonomic amp handles
- Solid aluminum knurled knobs
- Premium detent pots
- Variable speed fan cooling (thermally controlled)
- Heavy-duty 5-button footswitch
- Tuner out (parallel with front-panel tuner out)
- Comprehensive d.i. section w/pre/post switch, attenuation, ground lift
- 3 effects loops
- Slave out jack
- Dual Speakon® output connectors
- Powerflex impedance selector switch
- Dual voltage switch
- Heavy-duty toroidal transformer
- 19"W x 5-1/2"H x 15"D
The GBE 1200 boasts versatility, power, and tone. It's ready for whatever you can throw at it. Order yours now!
GBE 1200 Bass Amp Specifications:
- Dimensions: 5 1/2" x 19" x 15"
- Output: 550 W/1000 W/1200 W
- Weight: 42 lbs