- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The guitar world's favorite pedalboard, improved!
Often imitated, the original Furman SPB-8 was the first stereo pedal board on the market. Furman now offers its successor, the SPB-8C Powered Pedal Board. Featuring a hardshell case, more outlets, improved jacks, and a streamlined look, the SPB-8C improves on the innovative design that made the original pedal board so popular.
The SPB-8C pedal board features heavy duty metal construction that will handle the most forceful stomps you can offer, as well as stand up to the rigors of the road. At the heart of the SPB-8C pedal board is a light yet rugged polycarbonate platform in combination with an extruded aluminum chassis and an ample 13.75" x 26.75" Velcro sheet. This durable construction ensures secure, non-slip performance of your effects boxes and pedals.
The SPB-C's stereo patch bay contains eight 1/4" switching phone jacks featuring sturdy metal bushings, connected in two stereo loops. This allows a single guitar or instrument input to feed multiple mono and stereo effects boxes, send and return from remote effects, and feed up to two amplifiers simultaneously. From modest to highly complex patching demands, the SPB-8C allows nearly unlimited set-up flexibility.
Powering your pedals, amps and other gear, the SPB-8C offers two levels of surge and short circuit protection, as well as Furman's standard level of RFI/EMI filtering. Furman's SPB-8C is quiet, powering DC pedals without hum, due to the high quality toroid transformer employed. Each DC output is rated at 120 mA, as well as being individually protected against shorts, guaranteeing that if one pedal goes out, the rest will continue to function. Further, these DC outputs are individually isolated, eliminating noisy ground loops. The SPB-8C also includes four AC outlets, spaced widely enough to accommodate bulky "wall wart" transformers.
The Furman SPB-8C features a durable polyethylene hardshell case. Built to cater to the demands of the working professional, the case is large enough to accommodate the pedal board and all attached effects, allowing the musician to keep all pedals and stompboxes patched and connected from gig to gig. A retractable handle and inline skate wheels allow for easy transport, while heavy-duty latches ensure the case will remain securely closed when not in use.
- Pedal Board:
- Solid, non-slip base
- Room for many stompbox/effects pedals
- 13.75" x 26.75" Velcro pad
- Stereo effects return, effects loop, and amplifier outputs
- 8 individually isolated, regulated and protected 9VDC outlets, with power cords included
- Four widely spaced 120 VAC, 15A outlets allow enough room for "wall warts", with master power switch
- 9VDC power jacks and all signal jacks are insulated and isolated
- Spike/surge suppression and EMI/RFI filtering assures clean power
- Toroidal transformer for ultra low-noise performance
- Rugged construction
- 10-foot removable AC cord
- Durable hardshell case
- Retractable, luggage style handle slides into lid of case
- Inline skate wheels
- Heavy-duty latches
Put it in the cart, and get your pedal rig together!
SPB-8C Stereo Pedalboard Specifications:
- POWER CONDITIONING
- Voltage: 120 VAC
- Current Rating: 15 Amps total AC outlets
- Spike Protection: Line to Neutral
- Spike Clamping Voltage: Initial turn-on at 200 Volts; TVSS rating of 400 Volts peak at 500 Amps
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
- Maximum Spike Energy: 80 Joules
- Noise Attenuation: Transverse Mode - greater than 20 dB 800 kHz to 10 MHz
- 9 VDC Outlets
- Current Rating: 120 mA per outlet, 1A maximum combined current for all outlets
- Protection: Eight (8) discrete re-settable fuses
- Patch Cords: Eight (8) 3.5mm phone plug (tip hot) to P250L 2.mm x 5mm plug (tip hot)
- One (1) 3.5mm phone plug (tip hot) to 3.5mm phone plug (tip hot)
- One (1) 3.5mm phone plug (tip hot) to 9 Volt battery clip (non-perforated, tip hot)
- Weight: Pedal board: 8 lbs. (3.63 kg) Case (with board): 18 lbs. (8.16 kg)
- Dimensions: Pedal board: 3"W x 28.5"W x 20.125"D
- Case: 7"H x 28.5"W x 20.125"D
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
There is a home for your effects pedals and the Furman SPB-8C is it. The heavy duty, road worthy construction keeps your pedals safe, in place and sounding their best gig after gig. This pedal board can be used as a stereo or mono board with ample space and power sources for your effects regardless of their manufacturer. I have owned the Furman SPC-8B for at least six months and it consistently protects and powers my top quality effects and amps night after night. That's right, I did say amps. The SPC-8B comes equipped with four power conditioned outlets and, after all, Furman is the leader when it comes to power conditioning rack units. Now that same quality is a part of the most popular pedal board for the amateur or pro. If you value your effects pedals and sound the Furman SPB-8C is the board for you.