Fender TB-600 Bass Amp HeadProduct #482906 Fender 482906 HABBA Hybrid Bass Amplifier Heads https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Hybrid structure for creamy tone and big power.
The Fender TB-600 Bass Amp Head delivers 600W at 4 ohms and is based on the TBP-1 tube bass preamp. The key to the TB-600 bass amp head's smooth tone-shaping is a passive tone stack, the backbone of the classic Fender sound. The tone stack is interactive: each knob affects the others to create big, warm notes. With the Fender TB-600 Bass Amp Head you get a true representation of the natural sound of whatever bass you play.
Fender TB bass amps are created for professional players looking for large, true, and balanced tone that sits fat in their live or studio mix.
- Hybrid head: (tube preamp, solid state power amp)
- 1 channel
- Tubes: 2 X 12AX7
- Front panel controls: Vintage Tube Tone - Input -9dB pad switch, Mute, Volume, Bass w/Deep switch (pull to activate), Mid, Treble w/Bright switch (pull to activate)
- Tube Overdrive: (Enable/Disable Switch), Gain, and Volume
- Blend Vari-Q: (Enable/Disable Switch), Frequency, Level/Q, Room Balance, and Master Volume
- Rear panel controls: Balanced Line Output with Ground Lift, XLR Jack, Level, Pre/Post EQ Select Switch, FX Loop with Trim, +4dBu/-10dBv level switch, Send/Return jacks
- Effects: Fender passive tone stack, Tube Overdrive section, Vari-Q
- section, Room Balance, FX Loop/Boost
Enjoy the blend of a tube preamp with a solid state power amp. Order yours today.
TB-600 Bass Amp Head Specifications:
- Output: 600 watts @ 4 ohms, 400 watts @ 8 ohms
- Weight: 48 lb.
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5"H x 15"D
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender TB-600 Bass Amp Head:
I bought thithe TB-600 (discounted scratch-and-dent model that was flawless, btw) here at music123 based mainly on sound clips and reviews of the TBP-1 preamp, and I am very pleased with my choice! I feed an Orange OBC115, and the 400 watt 8 ohm output matches the cab's handling power perfectly. The passive Fender tone stack took a bit of tweaking to get the sounds I like, but once I found them, I put my Nemesis NA650 up for sale. The tube overdrive channel adds some tubey fatness to my Fender P/J signal, and can get Geezer-like fuzz tone with eq adjustment. The Vari-Q knob acts as a semi-parametric mid boost/cut, which I like dialing in extra oomph @ 250 hz. The room balance knob really works well in allowing you to thicken or thin your tone based on the room, while keeping the original tone if sending out a signal through the DI. Drawbacks? This amp is a vintage tone dream, with clarity and fatness, but if you're looking for sizzly hi-fi tones, look elsewhere. The eq stack is subtle in boosting/cutting frequencies when turning the knobs, and the active boosts for bass and treble aren't as strong as I expected. I also found the stock Sovtek preamp tubes to be harsh in the hi-mids and highs - a couple of used Telefunkens smoothed out the entire tonal spectrum, and actually added a little volume. Despite these niggles, I still give the amp five stars, for it ideally suits what I wanted in a bass amp. Bottom line, if you're looking for old school, vintage tone without having to cart around an eighty pound all tube monster, the TB-600 is a great amp. I can only imagine what the TB-1200 sounds like!