- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Hybrid structure for creamy tone and big power.
The Fender TB 1200 Bass Amp Head delivers 1200W at 2 ohms, ideal for running multiple speaker cabinets while keeping its cool. Fender's family of TB bass amps were created for professional bass players looking for a thick, natural, and balanced tone that sits fat in their live or studio mix.
Based on the TBP-1 tube bass preamp, the key to the Fender TB-1200 Bass Amp's creamy tone is a passive tone stack, the backbone of classic Fender guitar and bass amps. A passive tone stack is interactive, with each knob affecting the others. You get big warm notes that faithfully represent the natural sound of your bass. Fender includes a 4-button TBFS-4 footswitch that gives you easy access to Overdrive, Vari-Q, FX Loop, and Mute, as well as its own built-in tuner.
- Hybrid head: (tube preamp, solid state power amp)
- Front panel controls:
- Vintage Tube Tone - Input, -9dB pad switch, Mute, Volume, Bass w/Deep switch (pull to activate), Mid, Treble w/Bright switch (pull to activate)
- Tube Overdrive - (Enable/Disable Switch), Gain, and Volume
- Blend Vari-Q - (Enable/Disable Switch), Frequency, Level/Q, Room Balance, and Master Volume
- Rear panel controls: Balanced Line Output with Ground Lift, XLR Jack, Level, Pre/Post EQ Select Switch, FX Loop with Trim, +4dBu/-10dBv level switch, Send/Return jacks
- Effects: Fender passive tone stack, Tube Overdrive section, Vari-Q section, Room Balance, FX Loop/Boost
- Brushed Aluminum rackmount panel covering
The best of both worlds, this hybrid features a tube preamp with a solid state power amp. Order today!
TB-1200 120V Bass Amp Head Specifications:
- Weight: 48 lbs.
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5"H x 15"D
- Tubes: 2 X 12AX7
- Output: 1200W at 2 ohms, 800W at 4 ohms, 550W at 8 ohms
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender TB-1200 120V Bass Amp Head:
This Fender TB-1200 Bass Head can be compared to the 4-Pro . TB Fender turns on very quietly and best of all it has its vents in the front and the fans are quiet. I have mine running the Fender 810-Pro cab but it can run my ampeg cabs easily as well. Unlike the Ampeg it comes with a solid built pedal that allows you to use the boost and EQ as well as the tuner. I have yet to gig with this head but no doubt it will stand up to abuse. Fenders in this class are impressive and very solidly built. The sound coming from this rig(TB-1200 and 810-Pro cab ) competes with the ampeg rig (head +810E) and is worth the purchase price....