EBS OctaBass Triple Mode Octave Divider Pedal
Bass Effects Pedals
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The low-frequency power to move heaven and earth.
The EBS OctaBass is a first-class, all-analog octave divider. It creates a single note one octave below the pitch of the note you play, even recognizing two- or three-note chords. The incredibly fast tracking circuitry lets you play at the speed you want, not at the speed the divider will allow. It has Normal and Octave level knobs as well as a switch that lets you select from three modes: High (synth), Mid (classic divider), and Low (sub-shaking lows).
- Analog octave divider
- 3 divider modes: High (synth), Mid (classic divider), and Low (sub-shaking lows)
- Recognizes 2- or 3-note chords
- Fast tracking
OctaBass Triple Mode Octave Divider Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level -8 dBv
- Input Impedance 200 Kohms
- Dry Bandwidth (+0/-2dB): 20-20kHz
- Dry Level (min/max): -oo/0dB
- Octaver Bandwidth (+0/-3dB): 10-110Hz
- Octaver Level Gain (min/max): -oo/12dB min
- Octaver Filter Slope: 18dB/oct.
- Low Pass Triggering Threshold: -70dBv @200Hz
- 2.8"W x 4.5"H x 1.4"D
- 1 lbs.
- Power Requirements: 9V DC regulated, 5 mA
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about EBS OctaBass Triple Mode Octave Divider Pedal:
Octavers are picky pedals... if you don't give them the signal that they want... they don't give you good sound on the output of the effect. The trick is to find the one that works best for the sound you are looking for. In general, the Boss sounds more like a synth tone, and the EBS sounds more like a 5 string bass playing octaves. In range, the pedals track just as low as each other (with low A being about as low as you can usably go). With speed the EBS wins that one. And with upper-neck double stops, the EBS wins again.. the Boss is pretty much un-usable for double stops. Best get a polyphonic pedal if you want octave chords. As far as tone and usability, the EBS is probably the best analog octave pedal available. Its worth the price if great tone is what you are after. (and most of us bassists are after tone..)