Budda Alex Skolnick Preceptor 120W Tube Guitar Amp HeadProduct #J01421 Budda J01421 HAABD Tube Guitar Amplifier Heads https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
All the way clean to high gain and between.
With three completely independent channels, a 120-Watt power section driven by four EL-34 tubes, and a preamp consisting of seven dual triode 12AX7 tubes, theAlex Skolnick AS Preceptor also features dual 5U4 rectifier tubes and a solid-state rectifier. Budda's patent-pending PowerPan(tm) variable rectification control allows players to open uncharted tone territory by selecting tube rectification, diode rectification, or anywhere between the two.
All three of the AS Preceptor's independant channels - Clean, Rhythm and Lead - include separate three-band EQ, Reverb, Resonance, Presence, and true bypass effects loop with send and return levels. Each channel also features OVER-BOOST(tm), a stompbox-style lead boost that engages an additional tube-driven gain circuit to give players a supercharged boost. The effects loop on channel 2 can also be used as a global loop for incredible versatility in effects routing.
Perhaps best known as the guitarist for the multi-platinum band Testament, Alex Skolnick is a stylistically versatile player, performing in a variety of other projects including his jazz trio, The Alex Skolnick Trio, as well as a forthcoming world music project, Planetary Coalition. The new Budda AS Preceptor suits his demanding requirements.
- Separate effects loops on each channel with send and return level adjustments Channel 2's loop can be used as global loop
- High and low level 1/4" inputs
- Rear panel impedance selector
- Massive custom designed output transformer
- Separate resonance & presence controls on each channel
- Three channels, clean, rhythm and lead
- Stores nine custom presets, and provides extensive MIDI control for automation
- Slave output plus Power-amp input/Pre-amp output
- 4xEL34 120w power section, 7x12AX7 preamp section and 2 5U4 rectifier tubes for rectifier tube failure back-up
- Specially designed 10-button multi-function footcontroller (included)
- Rectifier can use 5U4, 5A4 or GZ34 tubes
- High quality audio grade resistors and poly caps throughout
- Ceramic tube sockets
- LED indication of correct output tube biasing
- Silent LDR MIDI channel switching
- MIDI control over channel switching with MIDI IN/THROUGH jacks
- Power amp can use 6L6Gc or EL34 tubes (plus KT66, KT88 5881 and 6CA7 with re-biasing)
- 'Overboost' feature on each channel
- Patent pending PowerPan rectifier selector knob
- Footswitchable Master Boost with user defined boost level
- Separate spring reverb control on each channel
Cover all of your tonal ground. Order today.
Alex Skolnick Preceptor 120W Tube Guitar Amp Head Specifications:
- Power amp section
- Tubes: Four EL34 tubes with 12AX7 phase splitter / driver
- Rated power and impedance: 100 Watts RMS into 16, 8 or 6 Ohms
- Power @ clipping: (typically @ 5% THD, 1 kHz, 120 VAC line)
- 100 Watts RMS into 16, 8 or 4 Ohms
- Frequency response: +/-3 dB, 50Hz to 20kHz @ 90 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms
- Hum and noise: Greater than 76dB below rated power
- Power and consumption: Domestic: 300 Watts, 50/60 Hz, 120 V AC Export: 300 Watts, 50/60Hz, 220-230/240 V AC
- Preamp section:
- Tubes: Six 12AX7 tubes
- With controls set at:
- Over-Boost off
- All EQ controls mid way
- Channel Volumes @ maximum
- Master Volume @ half way
- Boost on and @ maximum
- Resonance and Presence control @ mid way
- Effects loops off
- Nominal levels are with Gain @ mid way
- All levels increased by 10dB if using Medium input.
- Ch 1: Nominal input level: -12dBu, 200mV RMS
- Ch 2: Nominal input level: -46dBu, 4mV RMS
- Ch 3: Nominal input level: -58dBu, 1mV RMS
- Effects return:
- Impedance: 100k Ohms Minimum Input Sensitivity: -12dBu, 0.18mV RMS Maximum Input Sensitivity: +10dBu, 2.5V RMS
- Power amp out/preamp in:
- Nominal output level: +4dBu, 1.2V RMS Load impedance: 1k Ohms or greater
- Minimum Input Sensitivity: 0dBu, 0.775V RMS (with Master on max) Maximum Input Sensitivity: +6dBu, 1.6V RMS (with Master on half)
- Input impedance: 250k Ohms
- Slave out:
- Maximum output level: +22dBu, 10V RMS (at full power) Load impedance: 10k Ohms or greater
- Remote footcontroller:
- Special ten-button metal footswitch with LED indicators and detachable cord (supplied). Selects between three channels, Over-Boost, three effect loops, Reverb, and Master Boost as well as nine Preset modes.
- System hum and noise @ nominal level:
- (Clean channel – 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted) Greater than 74dB below rated power
- Specifically designed bass, mid & treble passive-type EQ on each preamp channel. Resonance and Presence damping EQ on each channel.
- Dimensions and weight:
- 11.5” H x 28.25” W x 11.25” D
- 60.6 lb.
- Weight Unpacked: 59.30 lb(26.9 kg)
- Weight Packed: 73.85 lb(33.5 kg)
- Width Packed: 18.25"(46.355 cm)
- Height Packed: 32"(81.28 cm)
- Depth Packed: 14.5"(36.83 cm)