Boss ME-25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
Floor Guitar Effects
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Powerhouse FX with stompbox simplicity.
The Boss ME-25 multi-effects pedal provides a collection of additional sounds and features over the previous ME unit at the same price. This Boss guitar pedal includes a completely redesigned operating system which allows the entire product to operate in "EZ-Tone" mode, making the Boss ME-25 simple to use. There are added effects, COSM amp models, and a USB port for direct connection to computers. The ME-25 effects pedal is bundled with Cakewalk Sonar 8 LE and a DVD providing over one hundred audio loops that can be imported into Sonar for jamming or practice. The Boss ME-25's 60 onboard programs are organized into a Sound Library, which enables all the onboard tones to be selected simply by type. This built-in sound library gives you instant access to dozens of classic and modern effects. Simply choose a category, select a variation and play. You can customize your sound with simple twists of the Drive, Tone, and Volume knobs.
COSM (Composite Object Sound Modeling)
Composite Object Sound Modeling-or "COSM" for short-is Boss/Roland's innovative and powerful technology that's used to digitally recreate the sound of classic musical instruments and effects. COSM analyzes the many factors that make up the original sound-including its electrical and physical characteristics-and creates a digital model that accurately reproduces the original.
- New super easy operating system
- Three pedals plus EXP pedal: Memory Up, Down, Solo
- Three knobs for real time control and editing.
- "Sound Library" organized by type: Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, etc. Ten variations within each type
- Seven effects groups: Comp/FX, OD/DS, Preamp, Modulation, Delay, Reverb, Pedal FX
- Powerful COSM amp models and effects onboard, from classic to contemporary
- Super simple user-friendly interface
- Sound Library provides extensive collection of ready-to-use tones; simply choose a category and select a variation
- Sounds can be instantly edited with the Drive, Tone, Level knobs and Expression pedal
- Super Stack adds immensely heavy low end and punch
- Phrase Loop function with 38 seconds of recording time
- Functions as a USB audio interface
- Built-in AUX input for jamming along with external music devices (MP3/CD players, etc.)
- Runs on six AA batteries or AC adaptor
- Includes Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 LE software and dozens of audio loops, rhythms and songs for jamming or practice
With COSM amp models onboard, plus Super Stack and Phrase Loop, the ME-25 is a dream processor for upstart guitarists who want great sound and ease of use.
ME-25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal Specifications:
- AD Conversion 24-bit + AF method*1
- DA Conversion 24-bit Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
- Memory 60
- Sound Library 60
- Sound Library Category clean, crunch, drive, heavy, lead, extreme
- Effect Type comp/FX (Compressor/Effect): comp, T.wah, AC sim, OD/DS (Overdrive/Distortion): boost, OD-1, t-scream, blues, dist, classic, modern, metal, core, fuzz, preamp: clean, twin, tweed, VO drive, BG lead, MS vintage, MS modern, 5150 drive, r-fier, ultra metal, modulation: chorus, phaser, flanger, rotary, uni-v, tremolo, harmonist, octave, delay: 1-99ms, 100-990ms, 1000-6000ms, tap, REVERB: room, hall, pedal
- FX (Pedal Effect): wah, +1 octave, -1 octave, freeze, NS (Noise Suppressor)
- Nominal Input
- Level input: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -18 dBu
- Input Impedance INPUT: 1M, AUX IN: 22k
- Nominal Output Level -10 dBu
- Output Impedance 2k
- Display 7 segments, 2 digits LED
- Power Supply DC 9 V Dry Batteries (R6/LR6 (AA) type) x 6, AC Adapter (BOSS PSA-Series: sold separately)
- Draw 150 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline: 9 hours, Carbon: 3 hours (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Dimensions: 11-13/16"W x 7-9/16"D x 2-7/8"H
- Maximum: 11-13/16"W x 7-9/16"D x 3-11/16"H
- Weight: 4 lb. 4 oz (including batteries)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, ME-25 DVD-ROM, Sound Library/Memory List (Leaflet), Sound Library Sticker, Dry Batteries (Alkaline: LR6 (AA) type) x 6, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
- Options AC Adapter Boss PSA-Series
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Boss ME-25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal:
I've been a fan of Boss for a long time. I've used many of the stompboxes, the GT-6 and the VE-20 Vocal Producer, but this box is the end all. It's compact and has nearly as much tweakability as my GT-6. The Sound Library gives you a wide pallette of sounds right out of the box and 60 presets. I enjoy the fact that I can create 60 user patches in the order I want. It's easy to use, built tough. The USB port is great for recording and sharing patches. Phrase looper and 4 way expression pedal...what more could you want?
Comments about Boss ME-25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal:
Great product, like any BOSS. Loop feature allows easy practicing, and really helps to nail timing. Sound bank has all types of sounds, and the sounds you're used to using can be duplicated so you won't have to use all the pedals with multiple power supplies (also creates buzz). Interfaces with any PC through USB and is limitless from there. On board this effects pedal carries most of the same sounds as its bigger brother, the ME-70. I recommend this item to anyone. It's durable and strong, looks great, sounds incredible. Has no buzz whatsoever through my solid state.