Bogner Goldfinger 90 90W Tube Guitar Amp Head Comet Black
Tube Guitar Amplifier Heads
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An amp with rich harmonic textures and multiple controls to customize sound.
The Bogner Goldfinger 90 90W Tube Guitar Amp Head is a two channel vintage voiced guitar amplifier with the common Bogner flexibility. Each channel, one called Alpha, the other Omega, features multiple controls and switches to customize the sound to your personal preference. A quartet of EL34's with a set of appropriate power and output transformers are combined for a total of 90W, but power can be scaled down to 60, 45 and 22 watts.
The combination of the channels with the availability of a pre and post effects loop makes this amplifier a Guitar System that let's you route your guitar signal as needed without downloading the original audio signal.
The post effects loop is the more common found loop between pre amp and power amp. The loop can be operated in series or parallel and has a level switch to be set accordingly to the effects unit used. Parallel mode lets you mix your effects via a control to the pure dry signal. Series takes the entire dry signal and routes it through your effects unit, series can also be used as a volume boost.
The pre effects loop is unique and a first in amplifier designs. Actually not a first for Reinhold, in 1995 he designed and produced a 60 unit run of the hand wired Caveman Amplifiers that featured a tube buffered pre effects loop. While this loop worked well and served its purpose for the 100% pure sound you still had to plug the guitar directly in to the channel inputs. After rethinking the problem Reinhold came up with the a new pre loop design which is featured for the first time in the Goldfinger. The problem is solved, if the pre loop is not engaged the amplifier will only see the guitar straight without going through any switches or relais. This means if your guitar is plugged straight into the Goldfingers input and any other effect pedals, units, loopers, routers etc... you would normally use between guitar and amplifier are hooked up to the loop of the Goldfingers you have a 100% pure guitar tone. Please note there is no buffer circuit involved weather the loop is on or off. This means if you do like your signal buffered through your pedals you would need to use an external unit just like you would with any other amp.
- Based around the rich harmonic textures of the 6V6 tube
- 90W with plenty of headroom
- Extensive tone-shaping tools
- Creamy break up at fairly low volumes
Get more than an amp, get a guitar system. Order today.
Goldfinger 90 90W Tube Guitar Amp Head Comet Black Specifications:
- Two channel Tube Amplifier
- Choice of variable Boost or Pre FX-Loop
- Boost or Pre FX-Loop individually footswitchable for each channel
- Footswitch controllable tube buffered series or parallel Post FX-Loop
- Footswitch controllable spring reverb*
- a Ch.: Bass, Middle, Treble, gain & Loudness controls, Pre & Post Bright switches
- Ω Ch.: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain EQ, Gain & Loudness controls, 69/80 mode switch
- High and Low + Half power switch for 4 different power settings between 22 and 90 watts.
- Functions on footswitch: a/Ω ch. select, a boost/pre-fx, Ω boost/pre-fx, reverb, post-fx
- Dimensions: 10-3/4" H x 25-1/2" W x 10-1/4" D
- Weight: 42 lb.