A rock-solid distortion that churns out vintage style tone.
The 427 is the modern muscle car of distortion pedals, with a big, meaty tone that’s ready to kick ass. Another Paul Gagon creation, 427 builds on his experience crafting pedals for the gods of rock, but this one’s got a distinctly American voice.
427 fires up with a potent variation of Gagon’s proven LED-based distortion circuit as used in the BBE Blacksmith, with the power flowing to a sweepable EQ (CSEQ) section inspired by an early ’70s Big Muff Pi and optimized for maximum flexibility.
On a mission to raise hell on rock-and-roll streets from New York to L.A., 427 delivers more raw power than yesteryear’s muscle with better handling. With a beefy mil-spec circuit board sporting big, fat signal traces, 1% metal-film resistors and high-voltage poly caps, 427 is engineered to be deliver rock-solid performance and never leave you stranded. And when you aren’t in the mood to lay down serious rubber, 427’s true hardwire bypass lets your tone slip by without so much as angry glance from the tone police.
- Gain, level and continuously-sweepable EQ tone control
- LED-based gain circuit for smooth, high-output distortion
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 10kOhms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
Pure muscle that's ready to go.