Dtar Solstice Blender Preamp
Acoustic Guitar Pickups
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A high-quality 2-channel preamp mixer suitable for both live and studio use.
The D-TAR Solstice is a high quality 2-channel preamp mixer that blends virtually any type of sound source. The low-noise hybrid circuitry and internally adjustable gain from 0 to 24db make the Solstice blender preamp suitable for both live and studio use. Solstice is a perfect preamp for musicians looking to live-mix up to 4 sources such as piezo pickups, magnetic pickups, standard mics, and high output condenser mics.
D-TAR - Duncan/Turner Acoustic Research
Seymour Duncan and Rick Turner are two legends who spent years working with musicians, perfecting their tone. Seymour founded his self-named company in 1978 which has become well-known for its wide variety of guitar and bass pickups used by just about every name player from Billie Joe Armstrong to Angus Young. Rick co-founded Alembic, was president of Gibson Labs West Coast R&D Division, co-founded Highlander Musical Audio making piezo acoustic guitar pickups for Lindsay Buckingham, Ry Cooder, David Lindley, and Andy Summers, and runs his own Renaissance Guitars. Now Seymour and Rick are working together to create innovative products for acoustic musicians. Their D-TAR motto: "With respect to acoustic tone."
- ¼" and XLR inputs on each channel allows either a microphone or pickup input on either channel
- Balanced XLR mic input with true gain control for optimum headroom and lowest noise
- Utilizes discrete hybrid circuitry as in high end mixing consoles
- Full 3 way level / clip indicator helps set optimum gain for best headroom and signal to noise ratio
- Phase reverse switch helps control acoustic feedback
- Channel effects loop with send and return jacks can be used as independent signal output or as insertion point for external signal
- Mute switch allows complete shut off of rig
- Tuner output (unaffected by mute switch) allows quiet tuning
- Stereo input jack allows access to both channels with one stereo cable
- External wall mount power supply allows AC operation
- High quality components provide extremely low noise and distortion, audiophile quality sound
- Mic stand adapter available as an option
Get a problem solving preamp that you can use anywhere!
Solstice Blender Preamp Specifications:
- Two Channel Preamp
- +15 volt phantom power
- Two Ultra-High impedance 10 Meg Ohm stereo ¼" input jacks
- Two XLR input jacks with 40dB of gain and switchable 20dB pad
- OutputMain XLR output
- Two post EQ balanced XLR outputs
- Single-ended buffered output with very low output impedance
- Master Effects signal output (line level)
- Two ¼" stereo insertion points
- Tuner / auxiliary output
- Dimensions: 8.5" wide x 6.5" deep x 2.7" high
- Weight: 2.9lb.
- Gain: Single Ended Input: 30dB (adjustable); Mic Input: 50dB (20dB pad available)
- Noise (Referred to input): Single Ended Input: >110dBV; Mic Input: >125dBV
- THD (@ 2Vo, tone controls flat): Single Ended Input: < .01%; Mic Input: < .01%
- Frequency response (±3dB): Single Ended Input: 20Hz — 80 KHz; Mic Input: 20Hz — 80 KHz
- Maximum Input Level: Single Ended Input: 1 Vrms; Mic Input: 75mV 700Mv w/20dB pad
- Maximum Output Level: Single Ended Input: 7.2 Vrms; Mic Input: 7.2 Vrms; Input Impedance: Single Ended Input: 10 MegΩ; Mic Input: 8 KΩ (differential)
- Slew Rate: Single Ended Input: 13 V/uS; Mic Input: 13 V/uS
- EQ Frequencies
- Bass: 155Hz / .61Q
- Midrange: 796Hz / .56Q
- Treble: 10KHz / .37Q
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Dtar Solstice Blender Preamp:
I purchased this pre-amp primarily to be able to manage signals from my acoustic-electric guitar and acoustic-electric ukulele in a live situation. The mixing capabilty and effects loops is why I bought it, but now that I have it, the sound quality is the most outstanding aspect of the unit. I just cannot belive the difference in sound quality between the Boss AD-8 I had and this Solstice pre-amp. I paired this up with a Lexicon MX200 and whoa! I have not been able to find any other reasonably priced professional grade acoustic pre-amp and this one absolutely exceeded all expectations.