Dtar Twin Soundspot XL PickupProduct #620126 Dtar 620126 LROBA Acoustic Bass Pickups https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
An ultra-sensitive pickup that captures the lower voiced instruments.
The D-TAR Twin Soundspot XL is an extremely versatile pickup that captures the lower registers of such diverse acoustic instruments as the double bass or cello, piano, harp, and sitar.
SoundSpots are ultra-sensitive piezo crystal transducer pickups suitable for stringed and non-stringed acoustic and ethnic instruments. Unlike other dot-type transducer pickups, each SoundSpot is hand ground to extremely fine tolerances. This process, along with the selection of materials, produces a pickup with a very thin surface that can maintain its strength and flexibility. The result is a pickup that is ultra-sensitive to an acoustic instrument's surface vibrations and, therefore, is extremely natural and warm sounding.
D-TAR - Duncan/Turner Acoustic Research
Seymour Duncan and Rick Turner are two legends who spent years working with musicians, perfecting their tone. Seymour founded his self-named company in 1978 which has become well-known for its wide variety of guitar and bass pickups used by just about every name player from Billie Joe Armstrong to Angus Young. Rick co-founded Alembic, was president of Gibson Labs West Coast R&D Division, co-founded Highlander Musical Audio making piezo acoustic guitar pickups for Lindsay Buckingham, Ry Cooder, David Lindley, and Andy Summers, and runs his own Renaissance Guitars. Now Seymour and Rick are working together to create innovative products for acoustic musicians. Their D-TAR motto: "With respect to acoustic tone."
- Designed to pick up the lower registers of various instruments
- Ultra-sensitive transducer pickup
- Hand ground to extremely fine tolerances
- Versions available for most acoustic instruments
- Extremely natural and warm sounding
- Crafted with high-grade materials for strength and flexibility
- Double Bass or Cello: On the bridge beneath the strings
- Piano: TWIN SoundSpot XL on the soundboard beneath the piano, behind the bass strings' bridge (in conjunction with a TWIN SoundSpot Classic pickup behind the middle strings' bridge)
- Harp: On the soundboard inside the body
- Sitar: Close to melody bridge and resonance bridge
Capture the natural low-end of acoustic instruments. Order yours today.