Tascam PT-7 Pitch Trainer for Wind and String Instruments
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A unique combination chromatic tuner, metronome and memo recorder for acoustic and electric musicians.
The TASCAM PT-7 Pitch Trainer's tuner is armed with a high-speed graphic display. The PT-7 is ideal for students to find their pitch on wind and string instruments. TASCAM also equips the pitch trainer with an oscillator tone you can play for pitch reference. The PT-7 trainer's metronome plays through the built-in speaker or headphone out and includes a visual display to keep the beat.
Also included in the TASCAM PT-7 tuner is a monophonic recorder, providing 20 minutes of recording time for song ideas or practice playback. Recorded music can be looped or slowed down without changing the pitch, so that students can learn to play along with the instructors' example. Though designed for the acoustic instrument player and educator, the TASCAM PT-7's tuner and recorder make it the ideal companion for any chromatic instrument player.
- Tuner features:
- High-speed chromatic tuner
- Calibration option
- Oscillator out function
- 8 musical scales (12-note equal temperament, Pythagorean, Mean Tone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young)
- On-screen display ideal for students' "Pitch Training"
- Metronome features:
- 30-300 bpm metronome
- Internal speaker or headphone output
- Six time signatures (0-7 beats, duplets, triplets, shuffle, quadplets, quadplets without center beats)
- Recorder features:
- Record practice through built-in microphone
- Loop and slow down playback without changing the pitch
- Quickly capture song ideas or phrases
- 20 minute recording time
- General Specifications
- Internal speaker
- Headphone Output
- Custom Backlit LCD display
- Powered by AA battery or optional PS-P520 adapter
- Flip stand on rear panel
- 5.9" W x 2.5" D x 1.0" H
- 0.33lbs/150g without battery
- Battery life approx. 10 hours (without backlight) / 4 hours (with backlight)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Quality
- Batteries Run Down Fast
- Difficult To Use
Comments about Tascam PT-7 Pitch Trainer for Wind and String Instruments:
As a performer, teacher and student, I find that the Tascam PT-7 is a tremendous multi-use tool. I don't have to carry around a metronome, recorder, and tuner -- it's all there. I use it in my own practicing for tuning and technical work, and in my teaching, to help my students with tuning, rhythm, tempo discipline, and quick recording to hear and critique themselves.
If I were to improve the Tascam, I would have the recorded playbacks and the metronome be much louder. Also, I wish it didn't go through batteries so fast. It took me a long time studying the manual to figure out how to use it. I do not recommend it to my young students because it's too difficult to learn to use.