- Buy New
Updates the popular VS-II with a portable design and added features!
The StroboFlip VS-F Virtual Strobe Tuner is a great addition to Peterson's line of multi-temperament tuners, offering easy-to-use functionality in a flexible new design. It uses Peterson's exclusive Virtual Strobe Technology to provide an instantaneous picture of musical pitch. It gives you a compact flip design, large bright LCD, and full user programmability. The StroboFlip is perfect for intonating guitars and basses as well as realtime intonation practice to improve performance and listening skills.
It features cent offset, FTS drop tuning, and tuning assistant and comes with tempered tuning presets, some of which have never before been included in a tuner. In addition to Peterson's proprietary GTR temperament, which sweetens a guitar's tuning, the VS-II adds BAS, which does the same for basses, plus E9 and C6 tempered presets for pedal steel and lap steel guitar. The StroboFlip also supports the Buzz Feiten tuning system. The Bass Shift feature allows for effortless tuning of acoustic or electric bass down to 2 octaves below a normally tuned low B on a string instrument.
- Compact flip design with a bright LCD screen
- Accuracy to 1/10 cent (1/1000 semitone)
- Smooth, instantaneous tuning response
- Exclusive Virtual Strobe Technology
- Large note display with transposition to all chromatic keys
- Sensitive built-in mic
- Individual mode buttons for fast, easy use
- Automatic or manual note selection
- 40 different temperaments and sweetened tunings
- 8 user-programmable temperaments
- Includes presets for Buzz Feiten Tuning System®, Guitar, Bass, Dobro, Steel Guitar, Violin, Viola, Cello
- Extended Bass mode lets you tune down to subsonic frequencies
- Adjustable Root, Selectable Auto-Off
- Runs on 3 AA Batteries or included power supply
- Fret Transposition Scale (FTS) for clearer key transposition with fretted instruments
There's a new Peterson on the block and he gets around. For portable strobe tuning, order your StroboFlip now!
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Quick accurate tuning...tempered, too... of my pedal steel. Coupled with 'A vs B' switch, you can tune while everybody else is playing. Very reliable. Battery lasts a long time.
When I got the StroboFlip, I tuned my acoustic first with my $40 chromatic needle tuner. Then, I turned on the StroboFlip and found that, although the first tuner got the guitar very close, it wasn't close enough for recording. For playing gigs, needing a quick tune, a needle-type tuner would do the job, but for recording, I really wanted to make sure that the intonation was as perfect as possible. Using the Acoustic Sweetner in the StroboFlip is a big plus because what it does is account for the tension difference when using a capo. It's night and day different between using the old tuner and using the StroboFlip when the capo is involved. And now, I can check intonation more accurately and make adjustments on my electric and my bass, too. I'm giving it only 4 stars because the StroboFlip is a bit bigger and bulkier than I think it needs to be. Also, you only get the backlighting (that blue glow that you see in all the pictures) when using the AC power, not when using batteries. It would have been nice to have a switch for the backlight, no matter if you're using AC or batteries. And the instruction manual is somewhat confusing.