Updates the popular VS-II with a portable design and added features!
The StroboFlip represents the latest release featuring Peterson's now legendary virtual strobe tuning technology. Up to 30 times more accurate than needle/LED tuners with Peterson's 1/10 cent accuracy, the StroboFlip is at home on stage, in school or on tech benches for doing instruments setups.
Peterson has greatly expanded its library to 34 Tempered & Sweetened tunings. Along with the popular GTR & BAS sweetened tunings, the StroboFlip features unique new presets for acoustic guitar in standard tuning, DADGAD, 12-string guitar, steel guitar, dobro, violin, viola, cello and both tuning and intonation offsets for Buzz Feiten Tuning System equipped guitars. The StroboFlip also includes 11 historic temperaments and 8 banks of programmable offsets. The StroboFlip's compact package includes a power supply, a tuning pickup and a clamp for mounting to mic & music stands, its flip design makes it easy and safe to transport and its backlit front panel is great for stage use.
- Compact flip design with a bright LCD screen
- Accuracy to 1/10 cent (1/1000 semitone)
- Smooth, instantaneous tuning response
- Exclusive Virtual Strobe Technology
- Large note display with transposition to all chromatic keys
- Sensitive built-in mic
- Individual mode buttons for fast, easy use
- Automatic or manual note selection
- 40 different temperaments and sweetened tunings
- 8 user-programmable temperaments
- Includes presets for Buzz Feiten Tuning System®, Guitar, Bass, Dobro, Steel Guitar, Violin, Viola, Cello
- Extended Bass mode lets you tune down to subsonic frequencies
- Adjustable Root, Selectable Auto-Off
- Runs on 3 AA Batteries or included power supply
- Fret Transposition Scale (FTS) for clearer key transposition with fretted instruments
There's a new Peterson on the block and he gets around. For portable strobe tuning, order your StroboFlip now!
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Quick accurate tuning...tempered, too... of my pedal steel. Coupled with 'A vs B' switch, you can tune while everybody else is playing. Very reliable. Battery lasts a long time.
When I got the StroboFlip, I tuned my acoustic first with my $40 chromatic needle tuner. Then, I turned on the StroboFlip and found that, although the first tuner got the guitar very close, it wasn't close enough for recording. For playing gigs, needing a quick tune, a needle-type tuner would do the job, but for recording, I really wanted to make sure that the intonation was as perfect as possible. Using the Acoustic Sweetner in the StroboFlip is a big plus because what it does is account for the tension difference when using a capo. It's night and day different between using the old tuner and using the StroboFlip when the capo is involved. And now, I can check intonation more accurately and make adjustments on my electric and my bass, too. I'm giving it only 4 stars because the StroboFlip is a bit bigger and bulkier than I think it needs to be. Also, you only get the backlighting (that blue glow that you see in all the pictures) when using the AC power, not when using batteries. It would have been nice to have a switch for the backlight, no matter if you're using AC or batteries. And the instruction manual is somewhat confusing.