Mogami WG2524 Bulk Instrument Cable Black (Sold Per Foot)
Bulk Cable and Kits
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
High-impedance transmission cable ideal for guitars.
Most musical instrument sound pickups, for example those in electric guitars, are comprised of high impedance circuits driven mainly by voltage with very little electrical current flow. That is why handling noise (microphonics) can be a problem for guitar cables. Microphonic noise is caused by the minute voltage generated when a cable is flexed, stepped on, etc. Guitar cables must be designed to prevent this, so a conductive PVC layer is placed under the shield conductor to drain away this voltage. Note: This conductive layer must be stripped back when wiring, or a partial short will result.
- DC Resistance at 20°C
- Inner Conductor: 0.033Ω/m(0.010Ω/Ft)
- Shield Conductor: 0.014Ω/m(0.0043Ω/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C: 130pF/m (39.7pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.2µH/m (0.061µH/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noise*: 0.15mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise at 10kHz*: 0.07mV Max.
- Microphonics*: 0.3mV Max
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance: 100,000 MΩ × m Min. at DC 500V, 20°C
- Flex Life: 15,000 cyles
- Tensile Strength (26°C, 65%RH): 578 N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20°C‾ +60°C(-4°F‾ +140°F)
- *Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.
Don't let your sound get lost with infereior cable. If you're a DIYer...order some today!