LR Baggs Hex Individual Acoustic Pickups (Set of 6)Product #H78812 LR Baggs H78812 LRGAA Acoustic Guitar Pickups & Preamps https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
A proven technology for capturing the acoustic sound of your instrument's strings.
In 1997 fingerstyle great Doyle Dykes approached LR Baggs with his dream of creating a pickup that would capture the way he played. As a solo acoustic guitarist his special needs in a pickup included great tone, natural dynamics, presence, precise articulation and perfect string balance. Lack in any area would have a negative affect on his ability to convey his music. With two years of R&D, much encouragement and persistence from Doyle and some great input from Earl Klugh they created the ultimate, no-compromise pickup for acoustic performers.
To achieve adequate articulation and dynamics LR Baggs chose to use an individual pickup per string. To achieve perfect balance they created a tripod upon which the string is balanced and supported equally between two raised points at the ends of the bottom of the pickup. This method of support created immunity from variations of the saddle slot that normally affect balance. The use of set screws for these points allow for easy, user-adjustable action changes. They enhanced the flexibility of the sensor element so it would not compress the instrument's dynamic range like typical transducers. LR Baggs placed the sensing element extremely close to the string for immediacy without harshness and to minimize feedback. The sensor was also specially designed to balance warmth from the body with direct string input. When they were happy with the performance, they created precision molds to insure consistently perfect pickups. The body of the transducer is gold-plated to resist corrosion and the crown is hard-chrome-plated for long life.
- Articulate, responsive, dynamic and warm sound with excellent feedback resistance
- Saddles sit next to each other in standard 1/8" saddle slot (minimum string spacing 2 1/8" E to E)
- Individual saddles have hidden set screws in the base to allow adjustable string height on all strings
- Each Hex saddle is tested and level matched for optimum string to string balance
- The strong output of the Hex Pickups allows them to be plugged directly into most amplifiers and inputs without the need for preamps
Use these as replacements or for a new installation. Order today.