Korg BA40 Bluegrass Tuner
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Made especially for bluegrass instruments.
The Korg BA-40 is a dedicated tuner for bluegrass instruments featuring easy-to-use functionality in a compact size that fits in your gig bag or instrument case. With its sleek design, large display and Korg's renowned accuracy, the BA-40 is destined to become a staple among professional or aspiring bluegrass musicians.
People all over the world enjoy the lively up-tempo sounds and various stringed instruments of bluegrass. Korg has now created a dedicated tuner for bluegrass instruments. The BA-40 tuner allows you to tune bluegrass instruments including banjo, fiddle, mandolin, resophonic guitar in addition to standard guitar and bass. Perfect fifths are supported for fiddle tuning. The LCD meter-type display provides better than +/-1 cent accuracy, and features excellent visibility on stage or in the studio to ensure that you can tune easily and accurately.
With a detection range of E1 (30.868 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz), the BA-40 covers the entire range of instruments used in bluegrass music*, and also allows you to adjust the pitch up or down in semitone (half note) steps so that you can use sharp/flat tunings relative to the standard tunings of these instruments. You can even tune your guitar with a capo still attached. Markings on the meter allow you to use a tuning reference in a range of 430 Hz to 450 Hz.
*Even if the pitch is within range, detection may not be possible for instruments that produce large numbers of overtones, or for instruments that have a very fast decay.
Sound Out mode
The BA-40 tuner's Sound Out mode uses the internal speaker to play a reference tone of the correct pitch for each string of the instrument you're tuning. You'll be able to tune more accurately by using both eye and ear as well as train your sense of pitch by repeatedly listening to the reference tone.
The Korg BA-40 provides an output jack that can be connected directly to your amp/speaker system. This allows you to leave your instrument connected to the tuner while you perform so you can easily check tuning at any time. By using the optional CM-100L contact microphone you can tune accurately even in noisy environments.
Auto Power Off function
The Auto Power Off function conserves battery life by automatically turning the power off when the unit is not in use for ten minutes.
- Dedicated tuner for bluegrass instruments such as banjo, fiddle, mandolin, and resophonic guitar
- Sharp/flat tuning allows you to tune with a capo attached
- Meter mode lets you tune according to the input pitch
- Sound Out mode lets you tune audibly to a reference tone
- 1/4" output jack for amp connection
- Built-in stand for upright positioning
- Auto Power Off function preserves battery life
Call or click to order now.
BA40 Bluegrass Tuner Specifications:
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament, perfect fifths (fiddle)
- Accuracy: Â± 1 cent or better
- Detection Range: E1 (30.868 Hz)- C8 (4186.01 Hz): for a sine wave
- Reference Tone: Banjo (5G, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D), Fiddle (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E), Mandolin (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E), Resophonic Guitar: (6G, 5B, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D), Guitar: (6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1E), Bass (4E, 3A, 2D, 1G)
- Reference Tone Accuracy: Â± cent or better
- Tuning Mode: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode(MANUAL)
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4" mono), OUTPUT jack (1/4" mono)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: two AAA batteries (included)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions: 100 (W) x 67 (D) x 17 (H) mm / 3.94" (W) x 2.64" (D) x 0.67" (H)
- Weight: 88 g / 0.19 lb. (with batteries)