Jensen Jet Blackbird 12" 100 Watt Guitar Speaker
Speakers for Instrument Amps
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Warm, smooth tone that holds strong through distortion.
This 12" version of the Jensen Blackbird is extremely warm and smooth, with a very rich, fat low end and sparkling highs. It handles overdrive distortion by bringing out colorful detail and holding strong even at maximum crunch.
Put this Blackbird's warm tone to work for you—add it to the cart now.
Jet Blackbird 12" 100 Watt Guitar Speaker Specifications:
- Nominal Overall Diameter: 12"
- Nominal Voice Coil Diameter: 2"
- Magnet Weight: 1.8 lb.
- Overall Weight: 7 lb.
- Flux Density: 1.00 T
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Rated Power: 100W
- Musical Power: 200W
- Sensitivity @1W, 1m: 98.0 dB
- Magnet: Alnico
- Voice Coil Winding: Aluminum
- Voice Coil Former: Kapton
- Cone: Paper
- Surround: Integrated Paper
- Dust Dome: Non-Treated Cloth
- Basket: Pressed Sheet Steel
- Voice Coil DC Resistance: 6.30 ohms
- Resonance Frequency: 95.1Hz
- Mechanical Q Factor: 11.81
- Electrical Q Factor: 0.90
- Total Q Factor: 0.84
- Mechanical Moving Mass: 27.7 g
- Mechanical Compliance: 102 μm/N
- Force Factor: 10.76 Wb/m
- Equivalent Acoustic Volume: 34.4 lt.
- Maximum Linear Displacement: ±1.0 mm
- Reference Efficiency: 3.13%
- Diaphragm Area: 490.8 cm²
- Losses Electrical Resistance: 82.7
- Voice Coil Inductance @ 1kHz: 0.59 mH
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Jensen Jet Blackbird 12" 100 Watt Guitar Speaker:
I just installed this in my Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb. It has smoothed out the amp! Is this speaker worth the extra money? ... That depends! If you MUST have an Alnico speaker, this is a very smooth sounding speaker (nice clean, even when pushed, Sounds nice overdriven (not flabby)). I still need to break the speaker in more, but I'd say I like the speaker so far. I must say; I am using humbuckers (PRS guitars), so for you single coil folks, I can't comment honestly about this speaker and your setup. If you like the in-your-face a gritty sound of a Ceramic Speaker, then this isn't the speaker for you. If you want to hear a mellower tone and smooth sound, then this is a great speaker.