- Buy New
Superior materials and craftsmanship for superior sound.
The model 2446H is a professional quality high-frequency compression driver that incorporates JBL's newly-developed Coherent Wave phasing plug as well as a pure titanium diaphragm with radial ribs and patented three-dimensional diamond pattern suspension.
The Coherent Wave phasing plug assembly consists of four die-cast annular aperture structures of constant path length to provide m-phase combining of diaphragm output at the driver's exit. This optimized configuration allows coherent summation of acoustical power up to much higher frequencies than afforded by earlier designs.
The diaphragm design includes JBL's exclusive three-dimensional diamond pattern surround1 which reduces membrane stresses in the diaphragm support structure and extends diaphragm life. The depth of the diamond pattern is closely controlled during the manufacturing process to provide predictable frequencies for the 2nd and 3rd normal resonance modes and for the basic suspension resonance mode.
The diaphragm also incorporates a series of embossed radial reinforcing ribs that increase diaphragm stiffness. This diaphragm, when combined with the Coherent Wave phasing plug, increases the 2446H/J's output in the 5 kHz to 20 kHz range.
- 100 watts continuous program at 500Hz
- 150W continuous program at 1kHz and higher
- Coherent WaveTM phasing plug design for increased high-frequency output
- 100mm (4 in) pure titanium diaphragm with radial-rib topology and patented three-dimensional
- diamond pattern suspension
- 100 mm (4 in) edgewound aluminum voice coil
- 49mm (2 in) throat exit diameter
Count on JBL for flawless pro audio components. Order today.
2446H High Frequency Compression Driver Specifications:
- Positive voltage to black terminal gives diaphragm motion toward the phasing plug
- Dimensions: 235mm (91/4 in) diameter
- 131mm (5 in) depth
- Mounting: Four 1/4-20 threaded holes, 90° apart on 101.6 mm (4 in) diameter
- Net Weight: 13.8 kg (301⁄2 lb)
- Throat Diameter: 49 mm (2 in)
- Nominal Impedance: 2446H 8 ohms
- 2446J 16 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6 ohms (H), 12 ohms (J) @ 5 kHz
- DC Resistance: 4.3 ohms (H), 8.5 ohms (J) ± 10% @ 25°C
- Power Capacity1: 100W continuous program above 500Hz
- 150W continuous program above 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 111dB SPL, 1 W @ 1 m on-axis on horn2
- 118 dB SPL, 1 mW on plane-wave tube3
- Nominal Efficiency: 30% (500Hz-2.5kHz)
- Frequency Range: 500Hz to 20kHz
- Recommended Crossover: 500Hz or higher, 12dB/octave minimum
- Diaphragm: 0.05 mm (0.002 in) pure titanium
- Voice Coil Diameter: 100 mm (4 in)
- Voice Coil Material: Edgewound aluminum ribbon
- Flux Density: 1.9 T (19,000 gauss)
- Bl Factor: 12.7