- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A power conditioner with superior surge protection that eliminates both AC noise contamination and damage or lost data from voltage spikes.
The most widely-recognized and trusted name in AC power conditioning is proud to introduce the P-8 PRO II power conditioner featuring Furman's revolutionary SMP technology. Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit features their exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) plus a high-current TVZ-MOV. Together, these technologies comprise what is, without question, incredibly advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressors.
SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus):
This Furman power conditioner features SMP surge suppression that virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system and repair of your surge suppressor. This is not so with the SMP in the Furman P-8 PRO II power conditioner. With Furman's SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped, and dissipated with no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no down time.
Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of USA/CIDA's A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long-accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak and 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 amp surges. This unprecedented level of surge protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology):
Unfortunately, traditional AC filters/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they could help due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line. Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance of the P-8 PRO II power conditioner through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown):
Furman's trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all-too-frequent, accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Rear-panel BNC connector:
For rear-panel illumination, a BNC connector is provided for connection of any standard gooseneck lamp, such as Furman's GN-LED or GN-I ( both sold separately).
- SMP provides the highest level of surge protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- EVS protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures delivery of pure AC
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- Eight rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet
- 20-amp rating, with high inrush-capable magnetic circuit breaker
- Front panel master power switch protected by hinged panel to prevent accidental power off
- 10', 12-gauge, heavy-duty power cable
- Three-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Dimensions: 1-3/4" H x 19" W x 10-1/2" D
Order today and get superior technology with the Furman P-8 PRO II power conditioner.
P-8 PRO II Advanced Power Conditioner Specifications:
- Current rating: 20 amps
- Operating voltage: 90 to 140 VAC
- Over voltage shutdown: 140 VAC typically
- Spike protection modes: line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike clamping voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 and USA/CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 amps)
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- Noise attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 100 dB @ 10 MHz
- Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Construction: steel chassis; 0.125" brushed and black, anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy-printed circuit boards
- Power consumption: 6 watts
- Safety agency listings: CE, NRTL-C
- This Furman power conditioner comes equipped with a 20 amp NEMA plug. Furman sells their ADP-1520 separately if you would like to use your product in a 15-amp application.