Furman F 1500 UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply, Battery Backup, and Power ConditionerProduct #H68921 Furman H68921 LDD Power Conditioners & Surge Protectors https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Uninterruptible power supply, battery backup, and power conditioner all in one unit.
Furman's F1500-UPS battery backup is designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor-based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second's power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the IT professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a retooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
The Furman F1500-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world's most sensitive audio, video, and control systems.
Furman offers battery back up with road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero-ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. The most robust battery cannot function if the accompanying circuits are damaged, and with these combined features, the Furman's F1500-UPS ensures years of trouble-free operation.
Note:As with any battery back up system, the battery pack must be replaced periodically (2.5 to 3 years typically).
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today's more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) aren't. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system's signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages we all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Instead of using AC line filters suitable for an IT closet, Furman employs their exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to four discrete isolated outlet banks. This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today's ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be—pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
True Sine Wave Output
The F1500-UPS provides True Sine Wave output when in battery backup mode, ensuring the utmost reliability to all connected equipment while running on battery power.
At 1500VA, the F1500-UPS provides substantial backup time for most critical digital A/V components (see runtime chart). If more runtime is needed, 1500VA battery packs (BATT1500E-EXT) may be daisy chained to double, triple, and further increase runtime as the application demands.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over four independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of features to interface with an existing control unit. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components in the event of a blackout—no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout.
Typical Backup Components
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the F1500-UPS. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the F1500-UPS's (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment. The following components are ideal for use with the F1500-UPS:
•Digital Video Recorders
•External Hard Drives
•Digital Mixing Consoles
•Lamp Based Video Displays
- Surge Protection: Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available
- Noise Filtration: LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity
- Voltage Protection: Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions
- Diagnostic Indicators: Digital indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit
- Battery Backup: 1500VA true sine wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully
- Critical Load Management: Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment
- Infrared Control: Dual Learning IR Blasters allow safe shutdown of remote components
- BlueBOLT Compatible: BlueBOLT TCP/IP interface provides remote control to reboot components, power equipment on or off, and monitor power quality from anywhere in the world
- Custom Programming: Custom programming provides control of unit via RS-232 card (included)
- 12 AMP Rating: 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection
- Eight Total Outlets: Eight total outlets rear outlets in isolated banks (Critical and Non-Critical loads)
- Standard Voltage Regulation: Standard level automatic voltage regulation (AVR) delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities
- Power Control Software: Easy-to-use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS
- External battery packs (sold separately) are available and may be daisy-chained to the F1500-UPS increase battery capacity
- (These run times should be used as a guideline only and are dependent on device and usage)
- Satellite Receiver or Cable Box = 80 min.
- Control System + Media Server = 40 min.
- Digital Mixing Console (24 channel) = 20 min.
Order the F-1500-UPS to keep for better protection from unexpected surges and more!
F 1500 UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply, Battery Backup, and Power Conditioner Specifications:
- Voltage: 85-137 VAC
- Frequency: 57-63Hz
- AC Power:
- Surge Protection: Non-sacrifical SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection)
- Current Rating: 12A
- Over-voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 ±5V
- Over-voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 140 ±5V
- Noise Attenuation: 10dB @ 10kHz, 40dB @ 100kHz, 50dB @ 500kHz
- Linear Attenuation: From 0.05-100Ω line impedance
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Capture Range: 96-135V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Output Range: 120V ±5%
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Capture Range: 93-142V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Output Range: 120V ±10%
- UPS Output:
- Voltage: 120 ±5V True Sine Wave
- Frequency: 60Hz ±1%
- UPS Output Capacity: 1500VA, 900W @ 0.6pf
- UPS Backup Time: 12 min. at full-load, 32 min. half-load
- Transfer Time: < 4ms
- UPS Output:
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 17" (19" w/ rack ears) x 19.2" x 3.5"
- Weight: 72lb.