Eminence Beta-8A Replacement PA Speaker
Speakers for PA Speakers
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A heavy-duty speaker at a light price!
The Eminence Beta-8A Replacement PA Speaker is recommended for professional audio mid-bass applications or as a woofer in vented enclosures. Also suitable as a mid-bass speaker in sealed enclosures.
Eminence recommends the Beta-8A as a direct replacement for the Nady PCS-8.
Get better guitar sound for your rig today! Click or call to get your Beta replacements!
Beta-8A Replacement PA Speaker Specifications:
- Nominal Basket Diameter: 8", 203.2mm
- Nominal Impedance*: 8 ohms
- Power Rating: Watts 225W;
- Music Program - 450W
- Resonance: 65Hz
- Usable Frequency Range
- Sensitivity***: 95.1
- Magnet Weight: 34 oz.
- Gap Height: 0.312", 7.92mm
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2", 50.8mm
- THIELE & SMALL PARAMETERS
- Resonant Frequency (fs)
- DC Resistance (Re): 5.99
- Coil Inductance (Le): 0.49mH
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 4.95
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 0.42
- Total Q (Qts): 0.38
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 23.3 liters / 0.82 cu. ft.
- Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume (Vd): 63cc
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.37mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 9.6 T-M
- Diaphram Mass inc. Airload (Mms): 16 grams
- Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP): 156
- Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax): 3.0mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 210.0 cm2
- Maximum Mechanical Limit (Xlim): 7.4mm
- MOUNTING INFORMATION
- Recommended Enclosure: Sealed: 5.7-9.9 liters/0.2-0.35 cu.ft.; Vented: 8.5-19 liters/0.3-0.67 cu.ft.
- Overall Diameter: 8.24", 209.2mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter 7.13", 181mm
- Front Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Rear Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 0.22", 5.5mm
- Mounting Holes B.C. D.: 7.75", 196.9mm
- Depth: 3.5", 89mm
- Net Weight: 6.6 lbs., 3 kg
- Shipping Weight: 7.4 lbs., 3.4 kg
- MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
- Coil Construction: Aluminum voice coil
- Coil Former: Polyimide former
- Magnet Composition: Ferrite magnet
- Core Details: Vented core
- Basket Materials: Pressed steel basket
- Cone Composition: Paper Cone
- Cone Edge Composition: Cloth cone edg
- Dustcap Composition: Solid composition paper dust cap
- *Please consult www.eminence.com for specifications of models with alternative impedances.
- **Multiple units exceed published rating evaluated under EIA 426A noise source and test standard while in a free-air, non-temperature controlled environment.
- ***The average output across the usable frequency range when applying 1W/1M into the nominal impedance. Ie: 2.83V/8ohms, 4V/16ohms. Eminence response curves are measured under the following conditions: All speakers are tested at 1w/1m using a variety of test set-ups for the appropriate impedance " LMS using 0.25" supplied microphone (software calibrated) mounted 1m from wall/baffle " 2ft. X 2ft. baffle is built into the wall with the speaker mounted flush against a steel ring for minimum diffraction " Hafler P1500 Trans-Nova amplifier " 2700 cu.ft. chamber with fiberglass on all six surfaces (three with custom-made wedges).
- ****BETA 8CX, 10CX, 12CX and ACOUSTINATOR CX2008 are coaxial speakers with tweeter sold separately. Published Usable Frequency response contingent