EMG EMG-85 Humbucking Active Guitar PickupProduct #301505 EMG 301505 LRGABD Humbucker Pickups https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Although the EMG-85 Humbucker has more measurable output than the 81, its frequency response and string interface are different. The 85 uses 2 Alnico magnet-loaded coils with a wide aperture to maintain a beefy low end and a fatter top end. Because of a more natural tone, it works great as a rhythm and blues pickup because it has loads of output but isn't muddy. It's a perfect choice as a rhythm pickup in combination with an 81 in the bridge.
The midrange has great definition and doesn't get foggy or muddy in the rhythm position. The EMG-85 guitar pickup works best if you like the natural distortion that comes from overdriving the front end of your amp. Under any condition, it responds accurately to your technique.
- Package includes:
- EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect cable
- Prewired split shaft volume/tone control set
- Output jack
- Battery clip set
EMG-85 Humbucking Active Guitar Pickup Specifications:
- Resonant Frequency: 2.45
- Magnet Type: Alnico
- Output Voltage (String): 2.1
- Output Voltage (Strum): 4.5
- Output Noise @ 60Hz: -89dBV
- Output Impedance: 10kOhms
- Current @ 9V: 80 microamps
- Battery Life: 3,000 hours
- Maximum Supply: 27V DC