A speaker that can handle big power.
The Electro-Voice EVX155 low-frequency speaker is designed for professional sound reinforcement or studio monitoring applications that require
maximum output with low distortion.
The EVX-155 subwoofer provides unprecedented power capacity, linearity, and excursion, made possible by the HeatWick total- thermal-engineering design. This takes heat away form the voice coil, significantly increasing power handling and long term reliability. Also, the 100mm (4-in.) diameter voice coil is longer than those on conventional medium-efficiency woofers to give
additional power handling and virtually eliminate dynamic-range power compression.
Additionally, the Electro-Voice speaker has a Flux Demodulation Device (FDD) that reduces distortion in the critical mid-band by providing a "short circuit" effect to prevent amplifier-signal modulation or the static magnetic field.
A ribbed, Kevlar fiber composite cone with an extremely high stiffness-to-weight ratio and exceptional strength give the Electro-Voice EVX155 speaker increased resistance to cone collapse and deformation, without sacrificing efficiency.
- HeatWick total thermal-engineering design
- 100mm (4-in.) diameter voice coil
- A Flux Demodulation Device (FDD) reduces distortion
- Kevlar fiber composite cone
- Chrome plated, frame-mounted connectors with color-coded ends
Put this replacement speaker in the cart today.
EVX-155 Speaker Specifications:
- Sensitivity 1W/1m: 98 dB
- Max. SPL / 1m (calc); full space: 125.8 dB
- System Power Handling (continuous/program/
- peak): 600/1200/2400 Watts
- Nominal Impedance (Passive): 8 Ohms
- Chassis Size: 15 inches
- Speaker Type: Components
- Weight Net: 10.3 kg ( 22.71 lbs )