Celestion G12 EVH Van Halen Signature Guitar SpeakerProduct #660101 Celestion 660101 LMGC Speakers for Instrument Amps https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The source of Eddie's sound.
These G12 replacement speakers drive the EVH 5150III amplifier to deliver ultimate Van Halen tone. They're the result of Edward Van Halen and Fender joining forces in an incredible collaboration.
Throughout his career, Eddie Van Halen has sought out original Celestion 20-watt Greenback speakers to load into his recording and performing rigs. So, when designing the EVH 5150III it was to Celestion that EVH and Fender turned in search of that vintage Greenback sound.
Celestion's Heritage Series G12 M speakers are a faithful reproduction of the original 1960s 20-watt Greenback and for EVH they provide the ideal solution. However—in order to give this speaker a look that is unmistakably EVH—a specially designed label, featuring the Van Halen logo and unique EVH striped design, along with a black-painted can that evokes the memory of the rare and much sought after Celestion "Blackback" speakers, were added.
G12 EVH Van Halen Signature Guitar Speaker Specifications:
- Nominal diameter: 12", 305mm
- Power Rating: 20W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms, 15 ohms
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Chassis type: Pressed steel
- Voice coil diameter: 1.75" (44.5mm)
- Voice coil material: Rounded copper
- Magnet type: Ceramic
- Magnet weight: 35 oz. (0.99 kg)
- Frequency range: 75-5000Hz
- Resonance frequency, Fs: 75Hz
- DC resistance, Re: 6.57 ohms, 12.3. ohms
- Diameter: 12.2" (309mm)
- Overall depth: 5.1" (130mm)
- Magnet structure diameter: 5.9" (150mm)
- Cut-out diameter: 11.1" (283mm)
- Mounting slot dimensions: 0.31", (7.9mm) diameter
- Number of mounting slots: 4
- Mounting slot PCD: 11.7" (297mm)
- Unit weight: 7.9 lbs. (3.6 kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Celestion G12 EVH Replacement Speaker:
I purchased two of these from Music123. The solder tabs shown in the pic are not accurate anymore - Celestion changed these to a modern style push-on type. So don't be disappointed because of that. These are great sounding speakers, made in England, and - other than the solder tabs - are identical to the Heritage G12M. I am really not clear why Celestion dropped the price of these starting in May 2010, but they did. I suspect they are being phased out for lack of interest in things EVH but I don't know for certain. My point is, if you want to have a Heritage G12M for $149 and can live with the EVH label, don't hesitate. I like EVH, don't misunderstand..