Prevents balanced low-impedance microphones from overloading electronics having low- to mid-impedance inputs.
The Audio-Technica AT8202 Adjustable In-line Attenuator is designed to prevent balanced low-impedance microphones from overloading electronics having low- to mid-impedance inputs in high-SPL applications. The adjustable attenuator is designed to assure the proper match of the microphone to the inputs of mixing consoles and portable recording devices without experiencing input overload of the electronics due to high-level signals. The AT8202 is compatible for use in phantom power applications.
- Prevents overload of sensitive input stages
- Provides -10 dB, -20 dB or -30 dB attenuation
- Compatible for use in phantom power applications
- Durable steel case provides optimum shielding from hum
- For use with balanced Lo-Z microphones
- Can be plugged directly into an XLRF-type chassis-mount connector
AT8202 Adjustable Inline Attenuator Specifications:
- Input Impedance: 1000 ohms
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Input connector: XLRF-type
- Output connector: XLRM-type
- Weight: 2.8 oz. (80 g)
- Dimensions: 3.94" (100 mm) long, 0.75" (19.0 mm) diameter
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Audio-Technica AT8202 Adjustable Inline Attenuator:
I've found these attenuators to work well. I haven't noticed any lose of tone, or coloration. I do find them a bit bulky. I think the engineers at AT could fit a few resistors and a selector switch into a smaller package,but for the price, I can't complain.