Stanton SCS.1m Digital Mix ControllerProduct #631021 Stanton 631021 YCKA 2 Channel DJ Mixers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
An intuitive and highly innovative digital DJ mixer with a familiar feel.
The world's premier mixer control surface, with built-in FireWire audio interface, assignable encoders, and tight, two-way software control. Although the SCS.1m is in some ways a mixer, it's more appropriately called a mix controller. Designed in an intuitive DJ mixer format that should be instantly familiar to anyone who's ever stepped behind the decks, the SCS.1m features four channel strips with faders, EQ controls, and high-precision metering, as well as a responsive cross-fader, and a straightforward Cue/Monitoring section. The surface layout has been carefully designed so that any experienced DJ can simply step up and begin basic mixing within seconds. The difference, of course, is that tweaking an EQ knob or channel fader, for example, is not actually adjusting analog audio--it's controlling the corresponding EQ or level parameter in your DJ software.
FireWire Computer Connection
The SCS.1m controls your DJ software and sends/receives audio to/from a Mac or PC via its onboard, studio-quality FireWire connection. FireWire allows a simple, single-cable connection, with all the bandwidth required to handle just about any mixing and controlling task you're likely to need. It also ensures ultra-low latency (delay) of only 1.5ms and high sampling rates (sound quality) of up to 24-bit/96 kHz. This translates into lightning-fast responsiveness and sound quality that's far beyond competing mix control products.
Rotary Controls (aka "Super Knobs")
Beyond basic mixing and control, the SCS.1m makes a radical departure from traditional mixers via four rotary encoders ("virtual knobs") with LED rings and corresponding LCD "scribble strips." These fully assignable encoders can be mapped directly into functions in the DJ software while providing visual feedback of knob position, even in low-light settings. Underneath, the LCD scribble strips confirm the software parameter being adjusted by each encoder, without the need to check your laptop. Of course, common assignments for these encoders can be saved as presets for fast recall.
Auxiliary Input for Turntables and CD Players
Although designed primarily as a software control surface, the SC System provides DJs with the ability to connect a real turntable or CD player into their Macs or PCs via a switchable Aux input. This input is useful for mixing real world sources along with your software, and for sampling or archiving vinyl and other audio into your computer.
Superior Build Quality
Unlike other DJ control surfaces, the SCS.1m Mix Controller offers truly professional, no-compromise build quality. Every knob, fader, LED, and LCD is of utmost quality, and even the chassis is designed for years of real-world use in demanding live and studio environments.
Introducing the SC System: The future of digital DJing on Mac and PC
Once upon a time, DJs wouldn't have considered spinning sets from a laptop. But today, the writing is not only on the wall -- it's glowing in 20-foot neon letters. Thanks to their portability, processing power, massive song storage, and rapid advances in DJ software, laptops are here to stay. With this in mind, Stanton boldly introduces the world's first truly professional DJ control system, designed to fully empower laptop DJs and desktop producers.
Super. Natural. Control.
In recent years, the DJ world has been flooded by a range of new controllers designed for laptop mixing. Unfortunately, these new entry-level systems are almost always plagued by compromises. And popular vinyl control systems, on the other hand, face the limitations of tracking timecode from vinyl, including worn-out discs, faulty needles or turntables, and increased tracking latency (delay). Breaking free from the past, Stanton's new SC System ushers in a new era of DJ performance. Led by the SCS.1m Mix Controller, the SC System eliminates all previous limitations, providing a rock-solid system with precise feedback and almost supernatural control over your DJ software. The result of many years of development, the SC System doesn't just raise the bar for laptop DJs; it changes the whole game.
The SC System goes far beyond simple all-in-one controllers, thanks to separate deck and mixer components. This allows for multiple configurations, with clean lines drawn between the functions of each unit. It also allows for a premium feature set including built-in FireWire connections, a high-torque motorized platter with vinyl control disc, motorized faders, rotary encoders, massive flexibility, and integration into DJ software with advanced two-way feedback. Taken together, these features allow the SC System to go where no other DJ product has gone before.
SC System Setups
As a truly modular solution, the SC System can be configured in a variety of ways to suit your exact needs. SC System units can be used individually or in concert with other components, and even combined with existing analog gear to deliver precise, ultra-capable control over your DJ software.
SCS.1m + SCS.1d
This mixer-and-deck configuration can be used to emulate a dual-deck setup by using virtual decks for controlling transport, loop, and effects, while using the mixer to blend and EQ songs and sounds. This system is the perfect entry into the world of professional SC System laptop mixing.
Dual SCS.1d + SCS.1m
This setup recreates the "traditional" DJ system, allowing users to have two physical decks, each representing an on-screen deck (which can easily be toggled to four decks by using virtual decks). The mixer is used for blending, channel EQ, etc. in a traditional manner. This setup is tailored towards professional DJs wanting to replace their existing setup with an SC System controller-based solution.
SCS.1m + traditional turntables
The SCS.1m mixer can be incorporated into Digital Vinyl Systems (DVS) that support MIDI control by running the timecode into a sound card and using the SCS.1m's built-in MIDI functionality to control the user's preferred DJ software.
This mixer-only setup allows for basic mixing and transport control of software decks. Thanks to the SCS.1m's built-in audio interface capabilities, it's perfect for DJs wanting an all-in-one solution to play from their software into a PA system.
- Familiar 4-channel design with intuitive high-precision metering that hooks directly into softwares
- Assignable Encoder section with 360° of LED feedback
- LCD "scribble strips" that communicate software parameter being manipulated
- Easy controller mapping into popular DJ and VJ software
- Navigation Section: jog wheel navigation system for interfacing with music on Mac or PC for remote browsing of playlists or adjusting hardware settings
- Preset Section manages and switches presets assigned to encoders, trigger pads and pitch slider
- Traditional DJ Crossfader with fast, ultra-precise response
- Mic and Phono/Line input for sampling, archiving vinyl, and remixing
- Built-in FireWire connections with full Mac and Windows compatibility
- Perfect as a standalone mix controller, or in combination with SCS.1d deck
- 10-Inch Motorized Platter: adjustable, high-torque platter with 10" vinyl disc for natural feel and control--among the most advanced DJ control platters on the market
- Motorized Pitch Control: motorized 100mm pitch fader
- Velocity Sensitive Pads for fast triggering, sequencing, programming, and looping--all within
- Master Output: Used for sending balanced master audio bus to PA
- Zone Output: Can be used as a zone (booth) output for independent control for monitoring. Can also be used as an AUX out for external FX
- Phono / Line Input: Used to plug in turntables or CD players for recording realtime samples or playback of non digital audio medium
- Phono / Line and Mic Trim & Clip LED: Used to adjust the volume of the Phono / Line and Mic inputs to avoid clipping and obtain maximum sound quality
- Footswitch Input: A footswitch may be connected for toggling of virtual decks or any other MIDI control in software
- Headphone Output (on front panel): Used to drive DJ headphones for cueing and monitoring of the mix.
- Firewire Jacks: Sends audio and MIDI to and from the mixer. Multiple MIDI devices can be strung together to create a chain of SCS components.
SCS.1m Digital Mix Controller Specifications:
- Faders / Encoders
- 24 Potentiometers (MIDI CC)
- 4 Virtual-pots with 18 segment LED rings (MIDI CC or Incremental CC)
- 4 45mm Linefaders (MIDI CC)
- 1 45mm Crossfader (MIDI CC)
- 1 Rotary encoder (MIDI CC or Incremental CC)
- 4 Multicolor 8 character alphanumeric LCDs with contrast control (MIDI SysEX controllable)
- 6 9-segment LED meters. One for each channel, one L&R pair for master (controllable via MIDI)
- Buttons / Switches
- 37 Momentary backlit pushbuttons (MIDI Note On)
- 5.96 lbs / 2.71 kg
- 3"H x 10.75"W x 16.75"L
- Frequency Response (20Hz - 20kHz) +/- 0.2dB
- THD+N (at 1kHz) 0.013%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (A-weighted) 105.1dB
- Sampling Rates 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- Audio Format 16-bit, 24-bit
- Latency (roundtrip) <5 ms
- Inputs / Outputs (Max Level)
- Phono / Line Input 2 (RCA) Phono / Line switchable, +21dBu unbalanced
- Microphone Input 1 (1/4") @ +9.1dBV unbalanced
- Balanced Output 2 (1/4") @ +27.7dBu
- RCA Output 2 (RCA) @ +21.5dBu
- Headphone Output 1 (1/4")
- Footswitch Input 1 (1/4")
- Voltage / Amps 12V DC / 3.0